Driving School Information
Audi Club SoCal Driving Schools
See our upcoming event schedule on our events page.
When registration is open for an event, it will appear on Audi Club SoCal’s page on MotorsportsReg.com .
Driving School Requirements
These documents apply to ALL of our driving schools:
- First-Timer Overview (PDF) If this is your first time at an Audi Club driving school this document will help you know what to expect.
- HPDE Detailed Requirements (PDF) Everyone attending our driving schools must read and understand the important event requirements in this document.
IMPORTANT: There will be NO Technical Inspection at the event – the inspection form MUST be completed in advance and brought with you to the event. Cars with obvious safety deficiencies will not be allowed to participate in the driving school.
- ACNA Pre-Event Technical Inspection Form (PDF) Everyone’s car and personal safety gear must meet certain safety standards before bringing it to the track. This MANDATORY form has a list of MINIMUM requirements and some recommendations. You may determine there are additional items needing inspection on your car and gear to ensure your safety and the safety of others. Inspect your car within 30 day of the event, and bring this completed form with you to onsite event check-in.
In Case of Emergency Info (Medical & Contact Info)
Audi Club SoCal strongly recommends that each participant carry In Case of Emergency (ICE) medical and emergency contact information on your person when at a driving event. The ACNA Medical information form is no longer collected at our driving school events, however you may use the ACNA medical form (see the detailed requirements document above).
There are also many free or subscription ICE products available. Here are just a couple to get you started:
- Motorsport Safety Foundation ICE products (keeps your medical information confidential through use of a personal code; your purchase supports the MSF’s safety programs)
- GetIceCard.com (free fill-and-print ICE wallet card; medical and contact info immediately available without need to call or text a code)
Driving Evaluations & Driver Logbook
Convertibles, SUV, and CUV
Audi Club North America driving school policy (See Sect 2.13 & Appendix D – member login required) has been amended to allow many modern convertible cars and certain small sport utility vehicles (SUV) and cross-over utility vehicles (CUV) at our high performance driver education schools.
Here are the highlights:
- Only small SUV/CUV which are on the Audi Club North America approved list may participate in high performance driving education.
- No special track (DOT or competition) tires may be used on SUV/CUV.
- Open cars (convertibles with top down, etc.) MUST provide eye-protection and arm restraints for both the driver and instructor-passenger. It is the student’s responsibility to bring arm restraints to the event.
Please read our chapter’s summary document if you are considering driving one of these vehicles at an Audi Club SoCal driving school: Convertibles and SUVs at ACNA Driving Events (PDF)
Our Driving School Venues
Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club, Pahrump, Nevada
Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, California
Motorsport Safety Foundation
Audi Club SoCal is proud of its affiliation with the Motorsport Safety Foundation. Our club’s internal instructor training program is MSF Level II certified.
If you are interested in attending a Level II clinic but are not an Audi Club SoCal member, visit www.motorsport-safety.org/certified to find a commercial provider of the MSF Level II instructor training program near you.
Questions? Email us at: [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at the track!