Driving School Information
Audi Club SoCal Driving Schools
See our upcoming event schedule on this website’s Events page.
When registration is open for an event, it will appear on Audi Club SoCal’s page on MotorsportsReg.com .
Driving School Requirements
These documents apply to ALL of our driving schools:
- First-Timer Overview (PDF) If this is your first time at an Audi Club driving school this overview will let you know what to expect.
- HPDE Event Detailed Requirements (PDF – Required Reading) Everyone attending our driving schools must read and understand the important event requirements in this document.
IMPORTANT: There will be NO Technical Inspection at the event – the inspection form MUST be completed in advance and brought with you to the event. Cars with obvious safety deficiencies will not be allowed to participate in the driving school.
- ACNA Safety Inspection Form (PDF) Inspect your car within 30 day of the event, and bring this completed Mandatory Form with you to onsite event check-in. Everyone’s car and personal safety gear must meet certain safety standards before bringing it to the track. The form has a list of MINIMUM requirements plus some recommendations, but it is your responsibility to determine if there are additional items needing inspection on your car and gear to ensure your safety and the safety of others.
In Case of Emergency Info (Medical & Contact Info)
ACNA requires us to collect emergency contact information. You must ensure your MotorsportReg.com Profile’s “Medical Information” is complete and current.
Medical information forms are no longer collected at our driving school events, but Audi Club SoCal strongly recommends that participants carry In Case of Emergency (ICE) medical and emergency contact information on your person when at a driving event. You may carry the ACNA medical form if you wish (see the detailed requirements document above), or there are many free or subscription ICE products available.
- One example is GetIceCard.com , a free fill-and-print ICE wallet card; your medical and contact info is immediately available without the need to call or text a code.
- We formerly recommended ICEdot.org, the provider of the Motorsport Safety Foundation’s ICE products . Unfortunately ICEdot has discontinued their ICE products: “ICEdot was acquired by Specialized Bicycle Components. ICEdot Emergency ID services will continue to operate through March 31, 2019 and afterwards will be terminated.” Please remove any ICEdot identifying information from your helmet and ID after that date.
Driving Evaluations & Driver Logbook
Audi Club SoCal uses the online evaluation and logbook system at DrivingEvals.com . This simple system is a huge improvement for both the club and for you over the previous paper-forms evaluation system. Learn what to expect and how to use the system by reading Audi Club SoCal’s DrivingEvals Student Guide [PDF]
Convertibles, SUV, and CUV
Audi Club North America driving school policy (See Sect 2.13 & Appendix D – member login is required) now allows many modern convertible cars and certain small sport utility vehicles (SUV) and cross-over utility vehicles (CUV) at our high performance driver education schools.
Here are the highlights:
- Only small SUV/CUV which are on the Audi Club North America approved list may participate in high performance driving education.
- No special track (DOT or competition) tires may be used on SUV/CUV.
- Open cars, or convertibles with the top down, MUST provide eye-protection and approved arm restraints for both the driver and instructor-passenger. It is the student’s responsibility to bring these arm restraints to the event.
If you are considering driving one of these vehicles at an Audi Club SoCal driving school, this static chapter summary Convertibles and SUVs at ACNA Driving Events (PDF) gives general detail; note that the official Audi Club North America requirements, linked at the top of this section, are revised on a more frequent basis than this summary so you should check the official document if you have any doubts.
Our Driving School Venues
Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club, Pahrump, Nevada
Buttonwillow Raceway Park, Buttonwillow, California
Motorsport Safety Foundation
Audi Club SoCal is proud of its affiliation with the Motorsport Safety Foundation. Our club’s internal instructor training program is MSF Level II certified.
If you are interested in attending a Level II clinic but are not an Audi Club SoCal member, visit www.motorsport-safety.org/certified to find a commercial provider of the MSF Level II instructor training program near you. We recommend you contact Hooked on Driving to see if they have a clinic in your area.
Questions? Email us at: [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you at the track!