Buttonwillow Driving School
Audi Club SoCal’s famous Southern California driving school, traditionally held the weekend before Thanksgiving.
2020 Buttonwillow Event
- Due to Covid-19 considerations we will be running our popular Experienced Driver format (open pit lane) on all three days.
- There will not be in-car instruction, so unfortunately we cannot accomodate first-timers and novices at this event.
- State, Local, and ACNA Covid-19 Protocols will be in effect.
- ACNA HPDE event protocols (car and driver qualifications, passing, rules of conduct) will be in effect all three days.
Friday November 20, 2020 to Sunday November 22, 2020
2020 Driving Configurations
- Friday Experienced Driver Day: #1 “Star Mazda CCW
- Sat/Sun Experienced Driver Weekend: #13 “Sweeper” CCW
2019 (Last Year’s) Documents for reference only. The 2020 event will be DIFFERENT due to Covid-19
- Buttonwillow 2019 Welcome Letter [PDF]
- Buttonwillow 2019 Track Map with Passing Zones [PDF]
- Buttonwillow 2019 Paddock Map [PDF]
Buttonwillow Raceway Park is a closed road course built, owned and operated by the Cal Club Chapter of the Sports Car Club of America. Buttonwillow was designed by SCCA as a training and racing venue for SCCA members, making it one of the safest closed road courses in our region. A versatile layout allows it to be driven in many different configurations, and in both the clockwise and counter-clockwise directions. Buttonwillow is located just off Interstate Highway 5 at 24551 Lerdo Hwy, Buttonwillow, CA 93206, (661) 764-5333
General HPDE Information
- Definition of HPDE: High Performance Driving Education (a driving school)
- Audi Club SoCal’s main Driving school page with Audi SoCal HPDE resources including first-timer information, detailed requirements, tech form, and much more
- The latest Audi Club SoCal event registration information is on MotorsportReg.com
Buttonwillow Track Guides
- PCA-GGR Track Guide – #1 & #13 CW (written by the PCA Golden Gate Region, we’ve edited it to use present-day corner names) [PDF]
- PCA-GGR Track Guide – #1 & #13 CCW (written by the PCA Golden Gate Region, we’ve edited it to use present-day corner names) [PDF]
- Trackpedia’s Turn-by-Turn Guide to Sweeper #13 CW
#1 Star Mazda
- Buttonwillow Fast Lap with Billy Johnson (#13 CW)
- Buttonwillow #13 CCW (#13 CCW) (but please don’t tilt your head in the turns like this guy!)
How to Learn a New Circuit, Fast (very detailed, for experienced drivers)
For reference, these are the original source documents for the PCA-GGR Buttonwillow Track Guides we've provided above (note that several turn names are obsolete. Includes both of the most popular layouts, #1 Star Mazda and #13 Sweeper): www.pca-ggr.org/files/pdf/bw-clockwise.pdf [PDF] and www.pca-ggr.org/files/pdf/bw-counterclockwise.pdf [PDF]