Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club
Audi Club of Southern California and Southern Nevada conducts High Performance Driver Schools at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club.
Audi Club High Performance Driver Schools are presented by Toyo Tires
Audi Club HPDE at Spring Mountain
2023 Driver School Info and Registration
- When: Three Days on the Weekend before Easter, Friday March 31 – Sunday April 2, 2023
- Track: Charleston Peak
- Configuration and Direction: North CW
- Details and Registration: ACSC.motorsportreg.com
Charleston Peak Track
Our Spring 2023 school will use the North CW 2.76-mile 16-turn configuration on all three days.
Charleston Peak 2023
Print ’em if you want a paper copy with you at the track.
- The 2023 Welcome Letter [PDF]
- New! 2023 Driver Meeting Slide Deck 3/29 for Charleston Peak North HPDE [PDF]
- New! 2023 Driver Meeting Recording The 3/29 evening Zoom presentation starts at 12:35 into the recording and lasts just under an hour including some Q&A after the formal presentation
- Track Map with Passing Zones for Charleston Peak North [PDF]
- Passing Protocol for Charleston Peak North 2023 [PDF]
- Paddock Map for Audi Club at Charleston Peak 2023 [PDF]
- Corner Light System Legend updated for new system at Charleston Peak 2023 [PDF]
- Tech Form (mandatory car safety inspection) Complete, sign, and email to the Registrar [v10/22 PDF]
- Preliminary Event Schedule [PDF]
The Trackside Talk seminar schedule will be on the detailed schedule you get at check-in.
- Decal Placement We provide decals to go on your Car, here’s how to install them [PDF]
- Driving Directions to Charleston Peak at Spring Mountain [PDF]
- Route from Gate to Clubhouse and Charleston Peak Paddock [PDF]
- Simplified Handout just for Spring Mountain Members [PDF]
We have collected some really useful resources for learning this course configuration:
- New! Scott Mann’s Turn-by-Turn Track Description of Charleston Peak North [YouTube 15m:3s]
- Updated! Track Notes Track Map for Charleston Peak North [PDF]. Track width is enlarged so there is room to draw the line. Make notes while watching the Turn-by-Turn video. Print a few more and bring with you for updating your notes at the track.
Track Videos on Charleston Peak North
Here are some useful on-track videos. We will add more videos as we learn of ones which are useful for HPDE drivers.
- New! A Scott Mann coaching session on Charleston Peak North, March 12th. Mercedes GTS [YouTube 6m:52s]
- A recent lap of Charleston Peak North March 12th. R8 GT 2:13 [OneDrive 2m:37s]
- Time Trial lap on Charleston Peak North. GT4 Clubsport 2:06 [YouTube 2m:10s]
- HPDE laps on the Charleston Peak North. Supra 2:29 [YouTube 18m:28s]
Pro Tip: Listen to the sound of the engine to hear where/when the driver is getting back to throttle, and think about why.
Tips for Learning a New Track Slide Deck & Handout from an Audi Club Trackside Talk at Buttonwillow Dec 2022. [PDF]
General Spring Mountain Information
- Spring Mountain Motor Resort website
- See Audi Club’s event listing on the Spring Mountain Member & Event Calendar.
- CAMERAS – We strongly recommend mounting at least one dash camera in your car if you will be driving in groups which include Spring Mountain Members who will be driving with us. We are not able to vet these driver’s experience or skills, which can vary widely. This happens all day on Friday and in our Instructor groups on the weekend. SMMR’s newer members like to drive with us because our events are safe and calm – in contrast to their club’s private member track days which are full of racers testing for their next event, and open passing is allowed anywhere on track.
- Spring Mountain’s “other” Track Configuration Page This page shows the “a” variation of the various original Spring Mountain track layouts. Change the lower case letter (from a to b, c, d) in the URL to see other variations.
As of this writing this page has not been updated to include Charleston Peak. However, we’ve linked all eight CP track maps below!
Spring Mountain’s Charleston Peak Track Maps
There are four possible course layouts on Charleston Peak. This track is designed to be run in either direction, although as of March 2023 it has not yet been run in the CCW direction. Here are maps for all eight configurations:
- Short Course (13 turns, no T4, T5, T6 & T11, T12, T13) 2.15 mi – CW / CCW [PDF]
- North Course (16 turns, no T11, T12 & T13) 2.76 mi – CW / CCW [PDF]
- South Course (15 turns, no T4, T5 & T6) 2.63 mi – CW / CCW [PDF]
- Full Course (18 turns) 3.23 mi – CW / CCW [PDF]
Videos of OTHER CHARLESTON PEAK CONFIGURATIONS
- Spring Mountain’s Teaser Full Course, [YouTube 1m:53s]
- Spring Mountain Teaser Radical from Drone [Facebook]
- A Radical racing on the South Configuration, [YouTube 32m:55s]
General Audi Club SoCal HPDE Information
- Return to our Driving School main page (first-timer information, detailed requirements, tech form, more)
- Audi Club SoCal registration home page ACSC.MotorsportReg.com
2022 Info (Past Event on a Different Track)
- April 22-24, 2022
The 2022 Welcome Letter is HERE!
will be posted here when it is published, within a week or so of the event.
- Welcome Letter SM22 [PDF]
- First Timer Supplement SM22 [PDF]
Study Materials – Mansell / Andretti (to 2022)
Refer to the track map while studying the video. Listen to the sound of the engine to hear where (and think about why) the driver is patient getting back to throttle.
- Passing Zone Maps with Point-By Passing Protocol – Includes maps for all three Days [PDF]
- Note that we have changed our events from Audi blinkers to Point-By passing. Check it out!
- Simple Map Andretti B (4 mile)
- Detailed Map Andretti B with Passing Zones & Corner Names [PDF]
- Advanced Video Andretti B by Lotus 211 not driven at an Audi Club event
- Challenge yourself with ACSC’s Consistent Lapping Exercise [PDF]
- Saturday & Sunday:
- Simple Map Mansell C (3.4 mile)
- Sample Video Mansell C by a Corvette driven at an Audi Club Event
- Advanced Video Mansell C by a Lotus 211 not driven at an Audi Club event
- Take Notes at the Track to reinforce what you are learning:
- Simple Track Map for Driver Notes – Only Mansell B & C shown [PDF]
- Advanced Track Map for Driver Notes – All Track Configurations shown [PDF]