Spring Mountain Motor Resort & Country Club
Audi Club of Southern California and Southern Nevada conducts High Performance Driver Schools at Spring Mountain Motor Resort and Country Club.
Spring Mountain HPDE
2023 Driver School Info and Registration
- When: Three Days on the Weekend before Easter, Friday March 31 – Sunday April 2, 2023
- Track: Charleston Peak
- Configuration and Direction: North CW
- Details and Registration: ACSC.motorsportreg.com
2023 Welcome Letter
[The welcome letter will be posted here when it is published, within a week or so of the event.]
Charleston Peak Track
There are four possible course layouts on Charleston Peak. Each course can be run in either direction.
Here are Spring Mountain’s Track Maps for all eight configurations:
- Short Course (13 turns, no T5 & T12) 2.15 mi CW CCW [PDF]
- North Course (16 turns, no T12) 2.76 mi CW CCW [PDF]
- South Course (15 turns, no T4 & T5) 2.63 mi CW CCW [PDF]
- Full Course (18 turns) 3.23 mi CW CCW [PDF]
Our Spring 2023 school will use the North CW 2.76 mile 16 turn configuration on all three days.
Here are useful resources for learning this new track.
- Audi Club Trackside Talk – Learn a New Track Slide Deck [PDF]
- Audi Club Trackside Talk – Learn a New Track Handout [PDF]
- Audi Club’s Charleston Peak Track Map for taking Driver Notes [PDF]
We suggest the most effective way to use these is to print out several track maps. Refer to the track map while studying video. After running through it at full speed a few times, Stop/Start/Rewind/Slow the video as needed to reveal detail about the line and reference points. Make notes of these on your map. Start a new map each time you have new insights as you learn the course, including between sessions once at the track.
Here are some useful on-track videos. We will add more videos as we learn of ones which are useful for HPDE drivers.
Pro Tip: Listen to the sound of the engine to hear when and where (and try to figure out why) the driver is more patient getting back to throttle.
- An Audi Club member’s First Day on the North Configuration, Supra, 18:28
- A Time Trial lap on the North Configuration, GT4 Clubsport, 2:10
Videos of other configurations.
- Spring Mountain’s Teaser Full Course, 1:53
- Spring Mountain Teaser Radical from Drone [Facebook]
- A Radical racing on the South Configuration, 32:55
General Spring Mountain Information
- Spring Mountain Motor Resort website
- Spring Mountain’s old Track Configuration Page shows the “a” variation of the various traditional NSW&E track layouts. Change the lower case letter (from a to b, c, or d) in the URL to see the variations.
As of this writing has not been updated to include Charleston Peak. However, we’ve linked all eight CP track maps above!
- Spring Mountain’s Member & Event Calendar Audi Club events will be listed here
- Spring Mountain Members may drive with us all day on Friday and in our Instructor groups on the Weekend. We do not vet these driver’s experience or skills. We strongly recommend at least one dash cam in your car if you will be driving in groups which include Spring Mountain Members.
General Audi Club SoCal HPDE Information
- Return to our Driving School main page (first-timer information, detailed requirements, tech form, more)
- Audi Club SoCal registration home page ACSC.MotorsportReg.com
2022 Past Event Info
- April 22-24, 2022
The 2022 Welcome Letter is HERE!
will be posted here when it is published, within a week or so of the event.
Study Materials – Mansell / Andretti (to 2022)
Refer to the track map while studying the video. Listen to the sound of the engine to hear where (and think about why) the driver is patient getting back to throttle.
- Passing Zone Maps with Point-By Passing Protocol – Includes maps for all three Days [PDF]
- Note that we have changed our events from Audi blinkers to Point-By passing. Check it out!
- Saturday & Sunday:
- Take Notes at the Track to reinforce what you are learning: