- ‘Charging Station Unleashed,’ a four-day experience near San Francisco’s Embarcadero, will display the all-new Audi e-tron, the championship Formula E racecar and PB 18 all-electric concept car
- Visitors can place reservations for the all-new Audi e-tron on-site
- Audi to offer complimentary electric vehicle charging using level 2 chargers supplied by Electrify America, along with electric-inspired exhibits, and chef-designed menu of reimagined fare
SAN FRANCISCO – On Monday, Sept. 17, in San Francisco, Audi unveiled the fully electric Audi e-tron, a five-passenger SUV aimed at the heart of the premium market. Now, Bay Area residents can be among the first to check out the all-new e-tron at a four-day experience called ‘Charging Station Unleashed,’ located near the Embarcadero at 90 Broadway, San Francisco.
‘Charging Station Unleashed’
In celebration of the global launch of the e-tron, Audi has reinvented the charging station for the electric era. Visitors to this interactive pop-up experience will have a glimpse into the future of electric mobility and be the first in America to see the 2019 e-tron in person and place their reservations. Other electric Audi vehicles on display include the championship winning Formula E racecar and the 764-horsepower, PB18 concept car, which debuted at Monterey Car Week in August (on display until Sept. 20).
“The heart of the experience is a modern take on what a charging station could look like in the near future – a place where drivers of electric vehicles can refuel themselves while their vehicle recharges,” said Loren Angelo, vice president of Marketing, Audi of America.
The experience will also offer complimentary charging from Audi for current electric car owners with chargers supplied by Electrify America. Electrify America is investing $2 billion to create a nationwide network of highway, and community ultra-fast DC fast chargers, as well as Level 2 stations at workplace and multi-unit dwellings. These efforts are designed to take electric further than it’s ever gone before, and enable millions of American to discover the benefits of electric driving.
Interactive experiences will be on-site for consumers to see, touch and taste what the future of design and innovation can be in a future where ‘Electric has gone Audi,’ including:
- A kinetic energy capture installation that showcases how electric power could come from anywhere in the future, even human movement. The activation will showcase the power humans generate walking, hopping, or dancing across the energy capture floors. The positive energy will then animate a wall installation in real time.
- LED swings, nodding to the role the e-tron has in ushering in an era where technology, design and mobility are designed to combine to create a more thrilling experience.
- An innovative menu of reimagined “electric provisions” curated by James Beard award-winning Chef Stuart Brioza and Chef Nicole Krasinski from State Bird Provisions.
- The entire experience will run on social currency. Visitors won’t pay for anything in cash. Rather, they’ll receive special LED bracelets that let them access the station’s amenities when they share posts about the experience on social media.
- On-site reservations for the Audi e-tron SUV. This is the first time the e-tron will be available for consumers to see and experience the new vehicle, review product specifications, stats and options, and place a reservation right on-site with a fully refundable $1,000 reservation fee ahead of delivery in mid-2019.
‘Charging Station Unleashed’
Dates: Sept. 19 – Sept. 22
Hours: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Location: 90 Broadway, San Francisco
Social: #etron @audi
Reserve the all-new Audi e-tron
The fully electric Audi e-tron is a five-passenger SUV aimed at the heart of the premium market. With progressive design, advanced electric and digital technology, the driving dynamics and build quality that customers expect of a premium vehicle, the e-tron lets consumers go electric without compromise. The e-tron is expected to be delivered to showrooms in Q2 of 2019. The e-tron will be the first of three battery-electric vehicles that Audi plans to debut by 2020, with nearly 1 in 3 of its customers in the U.S. anticipated to go electric by 2025.
To reserve an Audi e-tron online with a fully refundable $1,000 reservation fee, please visit: audiusa.com/reserve. This new Audi reservation system is part of how Audi of America will create a digital ecosystem for Audi owners to confidently go electric. After customers place a reservation, they will be able to track their reservation online and with their local dealer.
For more information on the Audi e-tron, please visit: audiusa.com/models/audi-e-tron
ABOUT AUDI OF AMERICA
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands, delivering about 1.878 million vehicles globally in 2017. In the U.S., Audi of America sold nearly 227,000 vehicles in 2017 and broke company sales records for the eighth straight year. Visit audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.