words: Bill, photos: Adam Lizotte-Zeisler
Needless to say that with the Audi C8 RS 6 Avant finally hitting our shores for the 1st time, there has been a lot of excitement. We’ve seen RS 6 Avants in ‘normal’ Audi colors and exciting Audi exclusive colors but the King of the Hill color is Nogaro Blue. Not only does it harken back to the OG RS2 Avant but, at least in the US market, a Nogaro Blue RS 6 Avant means that it is a RS Tribute edition model and only 25 of them were imported to the States. From what I hear, you cannot order Nogaro Blue even as an Audi exclusive…at least in this model year and I’m not sure about the following years. So when an RS Tribute edition pops up for sale, people take notice. Adam Lizotte-Zeister bought one and while he loves it, it’s just a little bigger than what he needs. Here’s the ad:
Limited to only 25 units, the Tribute edition features unique trim details paying homage to original 1994 RS2 Avant. Moving into a 992 – gauging interest, but may end up keeping for another 1-3 months. Love the car and will miss it dearly, just a bit bigger than I need.
1543 miles – may go up slowly
Modifications (Can include or return to stock):
ASC Lowering Module (Fully adjustable) ~ $1000
Milltek Catless Downpipes ~ $4400
MTM Stage 2 Tune ~ $3000
10mm H&R Spacers/Extended Lugs
Paint Protection Film :
Front bumper – full hood, full fenders, mirrors
headlights/foglights protection kit
Rocker Panel Kit
Ceramic All 4 wheels
There have been many C8 RS 6 Avants for sale; some new, some used but this is the 1st RS Tribute edition that I’ve seen. If you are not familiar with the RS Tribute edition’s unique interior and exterior elements (aside from the Nogaro Blue), here they are:
- Nogaro Blue pearl effect exterior paint color with black optic accents on the grille, side blades, rear diffuser and black roof rails. The side mirrors are body color.
- Standard 22-inch 5-V-spoke trapezoid design cast aluminum wheels in silver with summer tires.
- The steel brake calipers are painted red.
- The interior features carbon twill structure inlays and Denim blue contrast stitching to accentuate the Audi exclusive Valcona S Sport seats, perforated steering wheel, RS floor mats and the leather elements along the upper and lower dashboard.
- The front seats also include lower seat panels in leather with Denim blue contrast stitch.
Adam has it listed for $152,000 and while that may be $15,000 over the MSRP, remember that this is only 1 of 25. Is it worth it? If so, you can find this Audi RS 6 Avant RS Tribute edition HERE.