photos: Peter Seabrook courtesy of RM Sotheby’s
Audi is celebrating 150 years of NSU in 2023 and what’s a better way for you to celebrate this anniversary than to buy one? This is a 1973 NSU R0 80 sedan. The Ro in the model name denotes the engine – a 113hp rotary Wankel. The Ro 80 was in production for 10 years and NSU produced over 37,000 examples. Here’s the ad:
- Offered from The Iseli Collection
- NSU’s technologically advanced, rotary-engined executive saloon
- Powered a by 995 cc Wankel engine driving the front wheels, operated by a three-speed semi-automatic gearbox
- Delivered new to Switzerland and retained by its first lady owner for 40 years
- Presented in unrestored condition
This NSU is up for auction at RM Sotheby’s in St. Moritz, Switzerland on September 15. St. Moritz host an annual car week known as the International St. Moritz Automobile Week. Although it’s stated that this Ro 80 is in unrestored condition, it looks to be in great shape; that interior looks showroom fresh. Offered at no reserve, it is expected to go between CHF10,000 – CHF15,000 ($11,326 – $17,000USD). Celebrate NSU’s 150th anniversary by…well…buying this 1973 NSU Ro 80. You can find it HERE.