source: Audi of America
- The Q4 40 e-tron arrives as a new rear-wheel drive variant of the Q4 e-tron SUV for the 2023 model year
- Audi Q4 40 e-tron has an EPA-estimated range of 265 miles
- Audi Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron join Audi electric portfolio making premium electrification more attainable than ever
Audi of America today announced that the anticipated on sale date for the 2023 Q4 e-tron portfolio has arrived. The Q4 e-tron family welcomes a new rear-wheel drive variant; the Q4 40 e-tron. With the addition of the Q4 40 e-tron, customers can achieve an EPA estimated range of up to 265 miles. The Q4 e-tron portfolio comes to market designed to make a seamless transition to electric vehicle ownership, and makes getting into a fully-electric Audi more accessible than ever. With the addition of the fourth and fifth models to Audi’s fully electric fleet, the Q4 e-tron and Q4 Sportback e-tron, Audi has the largest offering of fully electric models than any automaker in the U.S.
A fully progressive driving experience
The Audi Q4 e-tron model line was engineered with comfort, practicality, and cutting edge technology at the forefront. These practical and advanced additions to Audi’s fleet of fully electric vehicles have now entered the market as the brand’s most attainable luxury EVs yet. The vehicles’ bold design is a reflection of the unique preferences of its owner. Bold muscular surfaces underpin the Q4 e-tron’s athletic stance, complimented by elevated interior seating positions offering not only a spacious interior, but a wide visability angle of the vehicle’s surroundings. Designed to be versatile for life’s adventures, the Q4 e-tron model line features seating for five, available towing up to 2,650 pounds on the quattro models, and ample storage for everyday items, as seen in the vehicles’ uniquely designed water bottle storage holder. The Q4 e-tron offers 24.8 cubic feet of storage with the rear seatbacks upright and 53.1 cubic feet of storage with with the rear seatbacks lowered. The Q4 Sportback e-tron offers 26.1 cubic feet of storage with the rear seatbacks upright, and 54.4 cubic feet of storage with the rear seatbacks lowered, comparable to that of the best-selling Audi Q5.
2023 Model Year Highlights:
- S line exterior arrives standard on the Q4 50 e-tron and Q4 Sportback 50 e-tron. The Q4 40 e-tron receives advanced line exterior as standard.
- Available Matrix-design headlights with digital daytime running lights include customizable light signatures, as well as animation for both the headlights and taillights.
- A larger 11.6-inch center MMI touch display is now standard, delivering a user experience which is both visually and operationally more convenient.
- Available augmented reality head-up display, offers easy to understand projections of the navigation system’s directional cues, start points and destination end points. These navigational cues appear to be floating roughly 33 feet from the driver, displayed in the real world ahead making navigating unfamiliar roads even easier.
Powering the Q4 40 e-tron is a permanently excited synchronous electric motor on the rear axle producing 201 horsepower. The Q4 50 e-tron and its Sportback variant come equipped with an asynchronous motor in the front, and a permanently excited synchronous motor in the rear, raising the horsepower to 295.
Fast charging to get you back on the road quickly
- Approximate charge time of 36 minutes to charge from 5% – 80% state of charge on 150 kW DC fast chargers.
Key specifications and pricing
|Q4 40 e-tron||Q4 50 e-tron||Q4 Sportback 50 e-tron|
|Top track speed (mph)||99||112||112|
|Battery (gross capacity)||82 kWh||82 kWh||82 kWh|
|EPA-estimated range (miles)||265 (EPA-estimated)||236 (EPA-estimated)||242 (EPA-estimated)|