source: Audi of America
- 2022 Car and Driver annual roundup listed Audi A3, S3, A5 Sportback, RS 7, A6, A7, A8, A6 allroad and RS 6 Avant among outlet’s top vehicle picks available in market today
- Audi models were named in Coupe, Convertible, Hatchback, Sedan, and Wagon categories after being tested using Car and Driver’s test data and on-road evaluation process
- Audi was praised for its innovative technology and unique design on models across the board
Nine 2022 Audi models – the Audi A3, S3, A5 Sportback, RS 7, A6, A7, A8, A6 allroad and RS 6 Avant – have been recognized on the 2022 Car and Driver Editors’ Choice list in the Coupe, Convertible, Hatchback, Sedan, and Wagon categories. Car and Driver editors evaluated the nearly 400 models available today, and awarded 116 vehicles as their top picks for the best and brightest cars in the market.
- Awarded a spot in the Entry-Luxury Compact Car category, Car and Driver stated that “the remodeled A3 brings new and more upscale touches to its entry-luxury package and retains the fun-loving character we appreciated in the last version.”
- Audi’s entry-level car is all new for 2022 and features sharper styling and many of Audi’s flagship technologies.
- With a modernized interior, enjoyable handling and fantastic fuel economy, the Audi A3 is a functional compact car with razor-sharp looks.
- Car and Driver noted the model is, “sporty without being raucous,” and that the S3 “sits right at the sweet spot between the more sedate A3 and the high-performance RS3 in the Audi lineup.”
- Also earning a spot in the Entry-Luxury Compact Car category, the S3 has more aggressively tuned suspension, grippier sport seats, a special grille, and four more exhaust tips than its A3 counterpart.
- All S3 models come with a 306-horsepower 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine, a seven-speed automatic transmission, and Audi’s Quattro all-wheel drive system.
- In the Entry-Luxury Car category, the A5 Sportback blends active handling with an agreeable ride, making it a desirable option for enthusiast drivers.
- Car and Driver highlights that, “with the sweptback styling of the A5 coupe and the rear-seat space of the A4 sedan, the A5 Sportback is the ideal compact Audi.”
- The car offers an updated digital gauge display, plenty of connectivity features, and a host of driver-assist features.
Audi RS 7
- Praised for its “beautifully bold bodywork, expletive-worthy take-offs, and surprisingly refined ride,” the RS 7 was featured in the Premium Sports Sedan category.
- With 591 horsepower and fierce-looking sheetmetal, the Audi RS 7 is a brutally quick and polished hatchback.
- For 2022, Audi is elevating the RS 7’s sporty status with a new RS Design package that adds unique floor mats, black seatbelts with a red or gray border, and more micro-suede surfaces throughout the cabin, including on the new flat-bottomed steering wheel.
- The 2022 Audi A6 is, “a smart choice that impresses with its high-tech features, high-quality cabin, and smooth-and-steady ride,” and Car and Driver was extremely impressed by the optional turbo V-6 and high quality cabin materials.
- As a Mid-Size Luxury Car, it is set up to court modern buyers with its digital dashboard and ample driver-assistance features.
- The A6’s two powertrains—a 248-horsepower turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder and a 335-horsepower turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6—are both more than enough to haul this mid-size sedan around town.
- Also in the Mid-Size Luxury Car category, the A7 is described as quick and quiet with a classy and cutting-edge cabin, “discreetly hiding a hatchback within its fastback profile that makes it more practical than other mid-size luxury sedans,” according to Car and Driver.
- The A7’s racy roofline intrudes on rear-seat headroom and the rest of its cabin is beautifully appointed and packed with state-of-the-art tech. Its 335-horsepower turbocharged V-6 engine teams with an unobtrusive dual-clutch automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
- There is also a plug-in-hybrid version available, showcasing Audi’s commitment to a more sustainable future.
- This Full-Size Luxury Car offers impressive comfort and plentiful features without resorting to excessive flash.
- Car and Driver notes it has “a near silent cabin, loaded with standard tech baubles” making the A8 an ideal chassis that “strikes a good balance between comfort and driving enjoyment.”
Audi A6 allroad
- Characterized as a Luxury Station Wagon, the Audi A6 allroad is called “an SUV-alternative with a similarly adventurous image,” by Car and Driver.
- The allroad swaps on-road dexterity for off-road capability, as it comes standard with an adjustable air suspension with extra ground clearance.
- The A6 allroad now comes standard with an upgraded tire pressure monitoring system for 2022.
Audi RS 6 Avant
- As a muscular-looking station wagon, the Audi RS 6 Avant wows with its twin-turbo V-8’s thrilling soundtrack and impressive horsepower and torque.
- Its driver engagement exceeds its performance stats and is capable of carrying a quartet of passengers in complete comfort along with all their gear.
- Inside, the RS 6 Avant showcases a sophisticated design and cutting-edge technology. The driver faces a 12.3-inch digital gauge cluster, and the dashboard features a pair of large touchscreens between the front passengers.
For more details on the Car and Driver Editors’ Choice list, visit www.caranddriver.com.
|At Audi of America, we believe the Future is Electric. By 2025, our U.S. model lineup will be 30 percent electrified, including fully electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles. Globally, we are committed to net CO2 neutrality by 2050. In 2021, Audi sold 196,038 vehicles in the U.S. and more fully electric models than ever before, with electric vehicle deliveries up by more than 50% over 2020. Learn more about who we are and how we’re working to create a more sustainable, innovative, and inclusive future at audiusa.com or media.audiusa.com.|