GOOD NEWS, THE CAR CONTROL CLINIC IS NOW OPEN TO ADULT DRIVERS!!
WHAT A GREAT FATHER’S DAY GIFT TO DO THIS WITH YOUR SON/DAUGHTER. THINK OF THE BONDING AND THE MEMORIES!! THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO BE A “COOL DAD”, for once.
WHEN: Saturday June 15, 2019 at 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
WHERE: Miller Park in the Uecker Parking Lot outlined in black below
WHO: Teens who have recently gotten their temporary permit or driver’s license
WHY: The Car Control Clinic will teach many skills not taught in Standard Driver Education classes. The goal of this course is to teach the skills to react to emergency situations and to save lives! Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause death for US teenagers, accounting for 1 in 3 deaths. Young people are at greater risk for traffic accidents due one major reason, lack of experience. Safe driving is a learned skill!! The course is designed to heighten students’ awareness and responsiveness to real world situations and boost confidence in their own driving and survival skills.
WHAT THE COURSE TEACHES: The fundamentals of vehicle control during the classroom sessions as well as invaluable behind the wheel exercises with one on one instruction. The emphasis is on:
- Driving basics and driver courtesy
- Proactive vs. Reactive Driving techniques
- Importance of Vision
- Proper Braking Concepts with and without ABS
- Effects of Vehicle Weight Transfer
- Cornering-Understeer and Oversteer
- Unexpected Lane Changes
- A parent or guardian must attend the course with the teen driver
- We recommend that the student use the car she/he typically drives
- The car must be insured, in good working condition and have tires with sufficient tread depth
- No leaks or cracked glass are acceptable
- You will need a full tank of gas
- The instructors will go over the car with the student at the start of the event
ANY BRAND OF CAR OR SUV IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!!
COST: A tax deductible (we are a non-profit) donation of $65/driver. This includes rolls and coffee at breakfast for the student and parent/guardian, classroom instruction, one on one in car instruction, a box lunch for the driver and parent/guardian and a certificate of successful completion at the end.
REGISTRATION: This is done through MotorsportReg.com. You will need to establish an account with them and pay with a credit card. They do not share information with anyone.
Please note the cancellation date and policy, after all we must buy lunches, etc.
WE DO IT RAIN OR SHINE!!
FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS CONTACT THE EVENT MASTER: MARK AT