8:00 am - 4:30 pm
WHY: The Teen Car Control Clinic will teach many skills not taught in Standard Driver Education classes. The goal of this course is to teach skills to react to emergency situations and to save lives! Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for US teenagers, accounting for 1 in three deaths. Young people are at greater risk for traffic accidents due to one major reason-lack of experience. Safe driving is a learned skill! The clinic is designed to heighten students’ awareness and responsiveness to real world situations and boost confidence in their own driving and survival skills.
WHEN: Saturday May 19, 2018 8:00AM to 4:00PM
WHERE: Uecker Parking lot at Miller Park. Follow the ring road around to the EAST side of the stadium , this is Selig Way. Turn into the lot on the RIGHT opposite Badger Railing.
- WHAT THE CLINIC TEACHES: The fundamentals of vehicle control during the classroom sessions as well as invaluable behind the wheel exercises with one on one instruction. The emphasis is on:
- Driving Basics-Driver Courtesy
- Proactive vs. Reactive Driving Techniques
- Importance of Vision
- Proper Braking Concepts with and without ABS
- Effects of Vehicle Weight Transfer
- Cornering – Understeer and Oversteer
- Unexpected Lane Changes
- The driver must have a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
- A parent or guardian must attend the clinic with the teen driver.
- We recommend that the student use the car which she/he typically drives.
- The car must be insured, in good working condition and have tires with sufficient tread depth.
- No leaks or cracked glass are acceptable.
- You will need a full gas tank.
- The instructors will go over the car with the student at the start of the event.
- ANY BRAND OF CAR OR SUV IS WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE!
COST: A tax deductible (we are non-profit) donation of $65/driver. This includes rolls and coffee at breakfast for the student and parent/guardian, classroom instruction, one on one in car instruction, a box lunch for the driver and parent/guardian, and a certificate of successful completion at the end.
REGISTRATION: This is done through MotorsportReg.com you will need to establish an account with them, they do not share information with anyone, and will pay with a credit card.
Please note the cancellation date and policy, after all we must buy lunches, etc. We do it rain or shine!
FOR ANSWERS TO QUESTIONS CONTACT THE EVENT MASTER: Mark at
THIS IS OUR GOAL!!! A SAFER AND MORE CONFIDENT DRIVER!!