Powerhouses: Five-Cylinder Engines at Audi

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="64693"] source: Audi AG Five-cylinder engine delivering 136 hp presented for the first time in 1976 in the Audi 100 Successful engine concept for series production and rallying Audi RS 3: modified five-cylinder engine with more torque Audi presented the first five-cylinder gasoline engine 45 years ago in the second-generation Audi 100. Enhancements and new developments followed with turbocharging, exhaust gas purification and four-valve tec...

2.5 TFSI: Audi’s Most Powerful Series Five-Cylinder

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="64466"] source: Audi AG The legend lives: the five-cylinder engine is an expression of Audi’s DNA Stronger character: the robust sound and characteristic firing order will give you goosebumps Audi RS 3: new setup for unmatched acceleration and top speed The five-cylinder engine has been an important component of Audi’s brand DNA ever since the first one was introduced in 1976. Even today, its characteristic firing order and unique sound ...

Find of the Day: 1991 Audi 200 20v Sedan

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="55718"] words: Bill, photos: Rick Farnsworth While on my daily hunt for a Find of the Day, I ran across this on our Audi Club North America - Classifieds Facebook page. I love finding an Audi that is pretty rare and/or well taken care of and this big sedan is both. I reached out to the owner, Rick, and he was kind enough to send me some photos and a little history on the car. Here's the ad: Selling my 1991 Audi 200 20v. One of 976 sedans imported...

Official World Premiere of the KTM X-Bow GTX: First Glance of the Brand-New Carbon Racing Car

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="55020"] source: KTM Unique, spectacular design meets the most modern technological solutions Ground-breaking safety thanks to the combination of carbon monocoque and GT roll cage Sensational power to weight ratio of 1.98 kg through 1,048 kilograms and 530 hp Legendary Audi five-cylinder combines maximum performance and attractive downsizing The new KTM X-BOW GTX is officially unveiled. The full carbon fibre racing car from KTM...

Donkervoort D8 GTO-JD70: The First 2G Super Sports Car

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="48441"] source: Donkervoort Dutch sportscar maker Donkervoort has paid tribute to its founder’s 70th birthday with the world’s first 2G production car. The Donkervoort D8 GTO-JD70 has been tested beyond 2G of lateral acceleration (cornering performance) on its standard road tyres. Only 70 JD70s will be built – one for each year of founder Joop Donkervoort’s life, so far – and more than half have already been sold. Donkervoort has...