Find of the Day: 2007 Audi RS 4 Sedan

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="90675"] photo: Troy Sicotte The Audi B7 RS 4 sedan was the only RS 4 to show up on our shores and what a statement it made. Jeremy Clarkson stated that the 4.2 V8 is in the top 3 greatest engines ever made and the B7 RS 4 is a gem. Around 2,700 were imported to North America and this 2007 example is 1/99 in Misano Red. This example is owned by Troy Sicotte,  former president of Audi Club North America. Those who know Troy and/or following hi...
Bill

Find of the Day: 1995 Audi S6 Avant 4.2L Manual Transmission

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="88835"] photos: mobile.de I'm always on the lookout for interesting Finds of the Day and occasionally, I will wander across the Atlantic to see what's up in Europe. Being that I'm located in the States, I need to look for cars that will be allowed under the 25-year rule and this one hits that. This is a 1995 Audi S6 Avant 4.2l V8 with a manual transmission and it's an Audi exclusive color. At least that's what the ad says but I am unclear when A...
Bill

Find of the Day: 2010 Audi R8 V8 6-Speed

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="82735"] words: Bill, photos: David Loppert via Bring A Trailer The Mk1 R8 V8 - such a statement when it burst upon the scene and has endeared itself to many. While some lived a comfortable life of a garage queen, only taken out on weekends, others were driven. Meet Igor; he belongs in the latter group. He and his Audi Club owner made a drive to the 2018 Audi Club National Event in Tacoma, WA in the company of other Audi Club members (The Conga L...
Bill

Find of the Day: 2008 Spyker C8 Spyder

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="82189"] words: Bill, photos: RM Sotheby's You may or may not know this but the 1st generation Spyker C8s are powered bu Audi's 4.2L V8. It's not the high-revving one found in the RS 4 but rather the V8 found in the B6/7 S4. Spyker itself says that a Spyker isn't your 1sr supercar; it's your eighth. The original Spyker not only manufactured cars but also fighter aircrafts. You can see this history in their logo and also in some design features. He...
Bill

Find of the Day: One-Owner 13K Mile 2004 Nogaro Blue Audi S4

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="67293"] words: Bill, photos: ntkmotorcollector via PCarMarket I know, I know...it seems like I have a Nogaro Blue fetish as several of our latest Finds of the Day are Nogaro Blue. I swear, I'm not actively looking for this enticing shade of blue but they keep falling into my lap so... Whatever you think of the color though, this one is compelling. The B6/B7 S4s were offered with the throaty 4.2 V8 and combined with a 6sp manual, was a great (soun...
Bill

Video of the Day: A Love Story Turns Into A Monster Mashup

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="59516"] words: Bill, video: Hagerty As the video starts, Ryan reminisces about his 4000 and growing up skiing and lusting after the four rings. We walk (drive) down memory lane as he takes us through an abbreviated history of the quattro through the early rally days and ultimately, the legendary Group B. But then the story takes a violent turn and a monster emerges...the meek 4000 meets its European brother in the form of an Audi 80 with a 4.2 ...
Bill

Video of the Day: Nardo R8 Rebuild…a Labor of Love

[gallery link="none" columns="1" size="full" ids="47120"] words: Bill, photos: Tavarish, Erik Dietz, George Achorn If you had the very last manual-transmission R8 ever built, you would probably baby it and park it in a museum-esque garage but not Erik Dietz. He bought the 2015 'Nardo R8' brand new and never looked back. It's been to 48 states, 22 countries, and has seen 150+ track days. Over those years, it racked up 143,000 miles. Garage queen it is not. Then tragedy struck...Erik's fia...
Bill