words: Bill, illustration: Jason Torchinsky, photo: Audi collection
Jalopnik wants to know if you want to play a game. Last week they introduced SlideShow Slog, where you play by clicking through a slideshow and try to figure out what cars are on each slide. Acura sponsored the inaugural show and this time, it’s Audi. There are two pretty cool prizes that Audi has donated.
2012 Audi R8 LMS Grand-Am Wheel
Audi Sport customer racing will donate one 2012 Audi R8 LMS Grand-Am wheel used during its debut season that brought GT 3 – level racing back to America. The race car debuted at the 2012 Rolex 24 At Daytona with two customer teams representing the Audi brand. In the following years, Audi Sport customer racing teams, behind the wheel of the Audi R8 LMS, won the grueling 24 hour race two times: 2013 – Alex Job Racing and 2016 – Magnus Racing. Pros and amateur race drivers alike appreciate the unmistakable sound and unsurpassed durability of the Audi R8’s V10 5.2l engine that has won every major endurance race around the world. Now, a full line of Audi Sport customer racing models allow professional and amateur drivers alike to find the right car and racing-level that fits their abilities. GT3, GT4, GT2 are fully represented by R8 models while the RS 3 LMS competes in the TCR class. To stay up-to-date on the latest Audi Sport customer-racing in the U.S., visit www.ascrusa.com.
Audi Heritage Single Speed Bicycle
Lightweight and built for speed, the Audi collection has partnered with Sole to bring this custom, one of a kind single speed bike to you. Weighing only 26 pounds, this nimble bike was designed with the commuter in mind. It’s superior frame geometry and large profile hubs create an incredibly smooth ride. Features include a 52 cm frame, machine/double walled 45 mm rims, durable 700 x 25c tires, front and back breaks, riser handle bars, Sole plush rivet fixed gear set. Arrives 90% assembled and comes with all the tools and instructions to finish the job in 10 minutes or less! White. HUB: Flip Flop – Fixed/Single Speed Sealed. MSRP $899.95
As you can see, very cool. Even Jalopnik says it’s too nice for Jalopnik. Last week, the NAACP was the recipient of the funds raised…you have to donate $5 to play. This is from last week’s game:
Here’s how you win:
- Open an e-mail window and type [email protected] in the “to” field
- Start clicking through the slideshow and entering the year, make and model of every car you see on each slide into the body of the e-mail. It should look like “1: 1991 Dodge Viper; 2: 1984 Nissan 300ZX” (Except, it starts with “2” because this instruction page is slide one.)
- Also, please hit “return” after each car, so each is its own line, and your entry is not an illegible block of text, thank you!
- If you’re like: “Wait, this could be a 1992, ’93, ’94, or ’95 Honda Civic because they all look the same,” just put the first year of the body style
- Include your name, mailing address, Kinja handle (optional) and a screenshot showing proof of at least a $5 donation to the NAACP which you can make here
Check Jalopnik tomorrow afternoon for a chance to use your car knowledge for good and win some awesome prizes.