Car Control Clinic Participant Eligibility and Vehicle Requirements
- Drivers must be between 15 and 19 years of age
- Drivers must bring their valid driver’s license or permit
- At least one parent/guardian must accompany any driver under 18
- Event waiver forms must be completed and signed before proceeding to the driving course
- Teen students are not required to be members of ACNA for this event
- Drivers must wear closed toe shoes (cleated shoes, heavy boots, flip-flops, crocks, sandals are not permitted)
Parents/ Legal Guardians – a few notes for you:
- You must be on-site for the duration of the day if your student is under 18 years old.
- You will need to sign an event waiver at check-in that allows your minor student to participate in the clinic. You will also sign an event waiver for yourself.
- Please register as a volunteer when you register your student. Your services will be needed at the event. Students knock over and run over cones during the on-track exercises and we need your help to set back up. This allows instructors to stay in the car and increase the amount of coaching and practice your student gets. Please wear shoes that can get wet – roughly half the cones are in the flooded paddock!
Over 19 years old and interested in participating as a student? Our Teen Car Control Clinics are designed to provide new drivers with the skills they need to be safe on the road, so we focus on our 15-19 year old drivers first. However, you may be eligible to register as a student depending on class size and instructor availability. Please inquire at [email protected]. Participants over 19 years old must also be Audi Club North America (ACNA) Members. To join or renew, visit the ACNA website at www.audiclubna.org/membership
- Participants must provide their own vehicle
- Must be in good mechanical condition
- Must pass a technical inspection at the start of the event which will include review of tires, brakes, fluids, lights, and other essentials
- Vehicles must have state-mandated insurance coverage limits in effect
- Car must be empty of all loose objects, this includes in the trunk, glove box, passenger compartments, etc.
- All street legal vehicles are permitted at these car control clinics; however, the event master has discretion to disallow any vehicles deemed unsafe from participating