7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Class size is limited and spots fill quickly. Early registration is recommended!
A driver’s education course teaches the principles of road awareness and safety for prospective first-time drivers. Those courses generally cover what we call the basics: Road signs and what they mean, principles of being a safe and responsible driver, how to operate a motor vehicle, traffic laws, and theoretically how to handle those emergency situations. But did they get the experience to know how quickly they can safely stop their vehicle? Or how wet roads or going off-road, such as swerving onto the shoulder of the highway, can affect driving dynamics?
We take things a step further…..
For over two decades, the Glacier Lakes Chapter of Audi Club North America (ACNA) has taught hundreds of teens to become better, safer, more confident drivers. Our Teen Driving Clinic is the perfect place for the teen driver to have fun, improve driving skills, and build confidence. The course is designed to help teens improve their ability to control a vehicle in both normal and emergency situations.
Our one-day program, sponsored by Toyo Tires, combines classroom sessions with behind-the-wheel exercises. Drivers learn how to handle their car in various driving conditions and situations, while receiving coaching, encouragement, and praise from their trained, in-car instructor. From slalom and skid pad exercises to braking and accident avoidance, we’ll teach your teen in one day some of what was not offered in their Driver’s Education classes.
Watch this video on YouTube and check out our website to learn more about the program: Teen Car Control Clinics
- The cost is $149 per student for this one day course.
- A light breakfast, lunch and beverages are provided for all attendees including parents of students.
- Clinics begin promptly at 8:00 a.m. and conclude by 4:30 p.m. Plan to arrive 15 minutes early to complete check-in and get settled.
- Clinics are held at Dakota County Technical College (DCTC) in Rosemount, MN.
- Drivers must be between 15 and 19 years of age*
- Drivers must bring their valid driver’s license or permit
- At least one parent/guardian must accompany any driver under 18
- Liability and Communicable Disease Waivers must be e-signed prior to participation.
- Minors must have a parent/guardian execute waivers on their behalf (instructions will be sent to you)
- Teen students are not required to be members of ACNA for this event
- Participants must provide their own vehicle and it must:
- Be in good mechanical condition
- Pass a technical inspection at the start of the event which will include review of tires, brakes, fluids, lights, and other essentials
- Have state-mandated insurance coverage limits in effect
- All street legal vehicles – all makes and models – are permitted at these car control clinics; however, the event master has discretion to disallow any vehicles deemed unsafe from participating
Questions? Please send an email to [email protected].
*Over 19 years old and interested in participating as a student? We are also offering an Adult and Teen Drivers Clinic on July 24, 2022. Please inquire at [email protected] with any questions. Participants over 19 years old are encouraged be Audi Club North America (ACNA) Members. To join or renew, visit the ACNA website at ACNA Membership