The Audi Club North America – Glacier Lakes Chapter is hosting our Winter Ice Driving Events at Lake Cynthia in Prior Lake, MN (map). This event is a great opportunity to hone your winter driving skills in a controlled environment. We will have a challenging set of exercises including a skid pad, cone course, and the popular “road course”.
No experience required. This is a chance to learn and refine low-traction driving skills.
- $60 for members registered prior to the day of the event
- $75 for non-members registered prior to the day of the event
- Registration will be available on the day of each event; however only cash payments will be accepted and an extra $10 fee will be applied.
- No experience required.
- You must be 18 years of age or older with a valid driver’s license.
- Teen drivers aged 15-17 with a valid permit or license will be allowed to register but their parent or legal guardian must be in attendance and must be in the car when the teen is behind the wheel. Parents will be required to sign an event waiver allowing their minor child to participate. Note: ACGL does not provide individualized teen driver instruction at this event.
- ACNA Club Membership is not required for this event (However, we have a lot of fun, so go here if you wish to become a member)
- You do not need to drive an Audi to attend – all makes/models welcome!
- Cars in good mechanical condition only – no fluid leaks!
Getting to the lake: See point B on this map; Enter the lake on the south side (look for the Audi Club banner)
- 8-8:30 a.m. Registration and prep cars
- 8:30 a.m. Drivers meeting
- 9 a.m. to noon Exercises open
- Noon – 1 p.m. Break for lunch
- 1 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Exercises open
To learn more about what expect, check out the following links:
Other important details:
- No refunds will be issued unless we cancel the event.
- Registered participants will be notified prior to the event if it needs to be canceled due to weather/ice conditions.
- Due to the nature of our driving exercises and the snow banks created during plowing, some vehicles may require a check ride or may not be allowed to participate at these events. If you are uncertain please contact us at [email protected] for clarification on your vehicle prior to registering for the event.