words: Bill, photo: Mgeorgem via cars & bids
Editor’s note: This was meant to be published on Monday, October 18 but I was ill and didn’t hit the publish button. This was sold for $45,250 on 10/21/2021.
Well this is different. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a widebody S6 before…a couple of R8s yes, an S6 no. Aside from the obvious, this S6 also has the power to back up the looks. Here’s the ad:
The C7 S6 is a wonderful car that offers subtle styling, a luxurious interior, and a muscular turbocharged V8 – plus it features Audi’s Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system. This particular S6 throws subtle styling out the window though, as it sports a muscular widebody kit, 21-inch Vossen wheels, and an eye-catching wrap that takes on a greenish hue in the right light. This car also boasts an ECU and TCU tune, a custom exhaust system, and upgraded turbos that bring output to nearly 570 horsepower at the wheels! Finally, this incredible S6 is being offered with a clean, accident-free Carfax report for added buyer confidence. This is going to be an exciting auction to watch!
THIS… is a 2016 Audi S6, finished in Tornado Gray Metallic with a Flint Gray interior.
- The attached Carfax history report indicates no accidents or mileage discrepancies.
- An included window sticker shows this S6 carried a sticker price of $84,540 and came equipped with the Prestige, Driver Assistance, Comfort Seating, and Black Optic packages, 4-zone automatic climate control, a sunroof, and more as detailed below.
- A partial list of modifications totaling over $78,000 reported by the seller includes an SRM Stage 1 and 2 intercooler, SRM cold air intake, Zona ball bearing turbos, a custom ECU and TCU tune, a Milltek Sport cat-back exhaust, 21-inch Vossen EVO-4 3-piece wheels, a Clinched widebody kit, matte dark gray body wrap, and an RS-style grille. The full list is shown below, with invoices included in the gallery.
- Audi released the “C7”-generation A6 for 2012. It was lighter than its predecessor, it wore a sharper design, and it benefited from a more luxurious interior largely shared with the swoopy A7. 2013 brought the S6 model with V8 power and an air suspension system.
- Power comes from a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged “TFSI” V8, rated at 420 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque in stock form. A dyno sheet in the gallery indicates this S6 is now making 565 horsepower and 600 lb-ft of torque at the wheels as a result of the modifications. Output is sent to all 4 wheels through a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission and Audi’s Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system.
A window sticker is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment is shown below:
- Prestige Package (Bose audio system, LED headlamps, head-up display, power trunk, power rear sunshade, LED interior lighting)
- Driver Assistance Package (adaptive cruise control with stop and go function, Pre-Sense Plus technology, Active Lane Assist function, top-view camera, high-beam assistant)
- Comfort Seating Package (individual contour front seats with ventilation, massage, and memory function, Valcona leather)
- Black Optic Package (high-gloss black exterior trim and body-colored door mirror caps)
- Layered aluminum and black wood inlays
- 4-zone automatic climate control
- SRM Stage 1 and 2 intercooler
- SRM cold air intake
- Zona ball bearing turbos
- Custom ECU and TCU tune
- Milltek Sport cat-back exhaust, valved and resonated
- APR downpipes
- 21-inch Vossen EVO-4 3-piece wheels with 325/25 Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires
- CETE controller for Audi air ride suspension
- Powdercoated brake calipers
- Matte dark gray body wrap
- Clinched widebody kit (color-matched to the OEM paint under the wrap)
- RS-style grille
- Carbon fiber rear diffuser
- Radar detector
- Some stone chips on the front grille
- Some scratches on the rear bumper (pictured in the gallery)
Recent Service History
The seller reports that the engine oil and filter were changed in July 2021. Invoices show the following service has been completed:
- December 2020: Widebody kit installed, Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires and Vossen Evo wheels installed, transmission tune installed, exhaust system installed, intercooler and cold air intake installed, ECU tune installed, brake rotors and pads replaced, body wrap installed
- May 2019 (42,468 miles): Engine oil changed, inspection performed, brake fluid flushed, alignment performed
- October 2018 (35,335 miles): Engine oil and filter changed, spark plugs replaced, inspection performed
Other Items Included in Sale
- 1 key
- Owner’s manual
- Window sticker
- Service records
The seller has added approximately 5,000 miles since purchasing this car in July 2019.
- There is a loan on this vehicle. Sale proceeds will be used to satisfy the loan and allow the seller to transfer the title to the winning bidder. Please contact the seller directly with any questions.
- The seller reports that the Vossen EVO-5 wheels and extra set of tires mentioned in the build invoice will not be included with the car.
Now it may not be to everyone’s taste but I dig it…it’s different. But does different make it better? Probably won’t see another one at your local Cars & Coffee. There are 3 days left in bidding and it’s up to $45,000. Will you take the plunge? You can find this wide body Audi S6 HERE.