words: Bill, photos: cars&bids
There’s something about Audi blues and wagons. Combine them and it transforms a good looking Avant into a great looking Avant. The classic Nogaro, the new kid in Navarra, and then there’s Sprint…possibly my favorite Audi blue. This B7 S4 Avant is almost the whole package for me. Here’s the ad:
THIS… is a 2007 Audi S4 Avant, finished in Sprint Blue with an Ebony leather interior.
- The attached AutoCheck history report lists no accidents in this S4’s past.
- The window sticker shown in the gallery reveals that this S4 cost $54,920 new. It’s equipped with the Convenience and Audio packages plus heated and power-adjustable Recaro front seats, among other features. The seller reports no modifications have been made to this S4.
- Service records shown in the gallery confirm that the engine oil and the engine oil filter were last changed in January 2021. The tires were replaced in February 2020.
- Released for 2006, the “B7”-based S4 received an evolution of its predecessor’s 4.2-liter V8 engine and a suspension system retuned to deliver a sportier driving experience. Visual tweaks set it apart from the A4, but it retained a relatively low-key design.
- Power for this S4 comes from a 4.2-liter V8, which produces 340 horsepower and 302 lb-ft of torque. It spins the 4 wheels via a 6-speed automatic transmission, Audi’s Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system, and an electronic differential lock (EDL).
- Convenience Package (adaptive headlights, rain and light sensors, auto-dimming mirrors, memory function for the driver, and Homelink transceiver)
- Audio Package (Bose premium sound system and SiriusXM satellite radio)
- 18-inch wheels
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and power-adjustable Recaro front seats
- 60/40-split rear seats
- Cargo cover
- 6-disc CD changer
- Although the AutoCheck history report shows no accidents, the seller reports that minor paint repairs have been performed on this S4.
- Chips on the front end
- Scratches on the wheels
- Some wear on the upholstery
- Some rust on the underbody
Recent Service History
Service records detail most of the maintenance and repairs performed on this S4 during the 2010s. Recent work includes:
- January 2021 (97,160 miles): Engine oil, engine oil filter, and battery changed.
- February 2020 (86,353 miles): New tires installed.
- July 2018 (57,116 miles): Upper control arm bushings and tires replaced.
- The seller adds that the spark plugs and coil packs were replaced at 88,004 miles. He adds that, to his knowledge, the timing chain and related components have not been replaced.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 1 key
- Owner’s manuals
- Window sticker
- Factory roof rack, tool kit, and first-aid kit
- WeatherTech floor mats
The seller purchased this S4 in November 2018 with about 59,000 miles.
Currently, there is a loan on this vehicle, which will be paid off by the seller to transfer the title to the winning bidder.
Earlier I said almost the whole package for me because this is an automatic. Now I’m not a manual transmission snob but driving a B7 S4 with a manual is a great feeling. This one is also not modified in any way so you can build it your own way or leave it OEM. While the seller mentions that he doesn’t know if it’s ever had the timing chain service, the Sprint Blue goodness may win you over. At the time of publishing, the bid is up to $6,900 with 4 days left. You can find this blue beauty and more photos/videos HERE.