words: Bill, photos: Dave Graver via Cars & Bids
Apparently it’s Colorful Avant Week on our Find of the Day; yesterday with the Nogaro Blue S6 Avant, today this lovely B7 Imola Yellow S4 Avant. The last of the V8 S4, this one is also a manual…a V8 manual transmission wagon. Of course, I don’t have to tell this group what that means. Combined with the eye-popping color, this is a the perfect combination. Here’s the ad:
THIS… is a 2007 Audi S4 Avant, finished in Imola Yellow with an Ebony leather interior.
- This S4 is equipped with the desirable and sought-after 6-speed manual transmission.
- The attached AutoCheck history report lists no accidents in this S4’s past.
- The window sticker shown in the gallery confirms that this S4 cost $57,095 new, and that it’s equipped with $6,175 in extra-cost options. It was notably ordered with the Audio package, the Convenience package, carbon fiber interior trim, heated rear seats, a navigation system, and rear parking sensors, among other features.
- Modifications made to this S4 include 18-inch BBS wheels, a cat-back exhaust system from Europa Parts, and interior door handles sourced from an RS4. The full list of aftermarket parts is detailed below, and the factory 18-inch wheels are included in the sale.
- Service records included in the gallery detail most of the maintenance and repairs performed on this S4 since it was new, according to the seller. The spark plugs and the coil packs were notably replaced in December 2020.
- Released for 2006, the “B7”-based S4 received an evolution of its predecessor’s 4.2-liter V8 engine and a suspension system retuned to deliver a sportier driving experience. Visual tweaks set it apart from the A4, but it retained a relatively low-key design.
- Audi’s archives department indicates that 72 units of the S4 Avant were sold in the United States with a 6-speed manual transmission during the 2007 model year. Only 3 of those were ordered in Imola Yellow, and all were built with the Ebony interior.
- Power for this S4 comes from a 4.2-liter V8, which produces 340 horsepower and 302 lb-ft of torque. It spins the 4 wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission, Audi’s Quattro permanent all-wheel-drive system, and an electronic locking front differential.
- Convenience Package (adaptive headlights, rain and light sensors, auto-dimming mirrors, memory function for the driver, and Homelink transceiver)
- Audio Package (Bose premium sound system and SiriusXM satellite radio)
- Headlight washing system
- Roof rails
- Carbon fiber interior trim
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and power-adjustable Recaro front seats
- Heated rear seats
- Cargo cover
- 6-disc CD changer
- Navigation system
- Bluetooth connectivity
- Rear parking sensors
- 18-inch BBS wheels
- 034Motorsport MAF hose
- Europa Parts cat-back exhaust system
- Forge Big Brake Kit
- JHM stainless steel brake lines
- 034Motorsport driveshaft mount and bearing
- Carbon fiber trim on the steering wheel
- Interior door handles from an RS4
- Pedal caps
- JHM short-throw shifter
- Although the AutoCheck history report shows no accidents, the seller states this S4’s rear bumper was damaged and repainted by a previous owner.
- Touched-up scratches and chips (shown in the gallery)
- Some rust on the underbody
- Some creases on the leather upholstery
- Cracks in the trim around the shifter
- Center console latch broken
- Rear window washer not working
Recent Service History
- Service records shown in the gallery detail most of the maintenance and repairs performed on this S4 since it was new, according to the seller. Recent work includes:
- December 2020: Driveshaft bearing, spark plugs, and coil packs replaced
- October 2020 (131,919 miles): Engine oil and engine oil filter changed
- July 2020 (129,040 miles): Europa Parts exhaust system installed
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Owner’s manuals
- Window sticker
- Available service records
- Factory first-aid and hazard kit
- Rubber floor mats
- Custom carpet floor mats
- Factory 18-inch wheels
The seller purchased this S4 in September 2019, and he has added about 12,000 miles since.
This Avant is on Cars & Bids and there’s less than a day left. As of publishing, the bid is $13,131. What do you think; a 6sp manual V8 Imola Yellow S4 Avant…could it reach the high teens? It does have 133,500 miles and there’s no mention of timing chain work. If you want to jump into Avant ownership, this would definitely be an eye catching specimen. You can find it and many more photos (including a couple of videos) HERE.