Occasionally, I look for a manual B6/7 S4 Avant and…get crushed because manual B6/7 S4 Avants are few or even nonexistent. A few times an automatic one will pop up but there are times where I like to row my own gears. Today is a lucky day…someone else got tired of looking for a manual V8 Avant and made their own. Here’s the ad:
The B6 Audi S4 Avant is one of my favorite performance wagons, combining excellent practicality with a potent V8 and Quattro all-wheel drive. This particular S4 is finished in the beautiful color combination of Nogaro Blue over a matching Nogaro Blue interior – AND it has a 6-speed manual transmission swap! It boasts a few nice modifications, too – including a Miltek Sport exhaust system, a JH Motorsports ECU tune, and Vogtland coilover suspension. Other benefits include extensive recent service work that included a new timing chain with RS4 guides, a rebuilt transmission, new valve cover gaskets, and more – all of which should add some major peace of mind for the next owner. Plus, this S4 is offered with a clean, accident-free Carfax report, for added buyer confidence.
THIS… is a 2005 Audi S4 Avant, finished in Nogaro Blue with a black and Nogaro Blue interior.
- This S4 Avant is equipped with a 6-speed manual transmission.
- The attached Carfax history report lists no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this S4’s past.
- According to the build sheet provided in the gallery, factory equipment includes 18-inch Avus wheels, a sunroof, carbon fiber interior trim, automatic climate control, a Bose sound system, and more as listed below.
- Modifications reported by the seller include a 6-speed manual transmission swap, a JH Motorsports ECU tune, Milltek Sport downpipes, high-flow catalytic converters, and cat-back exhaust, VOGTLAND coilover suspension, and more, as detailed below.
- Service documentation in the photo gallery indicates that this S4 had an extensive $7,167 service performed in February 2023 that included a new timing chain with RS4 guides, new valve cover gaskets, rear crank seal, and more as detailed below.
- Introduced in 2000, the second-generation A4 was built on Volkswagen Group’s “B6” platform, and it was initially offered only as a sedan. Audi released the Avant (wagon) body style in 2001, and it launched the high-performance S4 for 2003. Offered as a sedan and as a wagon, the S4 came equipped with Quattro all-wheel-drive and an all-aluminum V8.
- Power comes from a 4.2-liter V8, rated at 340 horsepower and 302 lb-ft of torque. Due to the modifications performed to this S4 Avant, it may produce more power, but a dyno sheet was not provided to confirm. Output is sent to all four wheels via a 6-speed manual transmission and Audi’s permanent Quattro all-wheel-drive system.
A build sheet is provided in the photo gallery, and a partial list of notable equipment includes:
- 18-inch Avus wheels
- Fog lights
- Roof rails
- Power-operated sunroof
- Carbon fiber interior trim
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Bose sound system
Modifications reported by the seller include:
- 6-speed manual transmission swap
- JH Motorsports ECU tune
- RS4 timing chain guides
- JH Motorsports camshaft adjuster
- 034 Desity Line motor mounts
- Milltek Sport downpipes
- Milltek Sport high-flow catalytic converters
- Milltek Sport catback exhaust
- South Bend clutch and flywheel
- VOGTLAND coilover suspension
Exterior and Interior
- HELLA E-code headlights
- Carbon fiber-style mirror caps
- Black-wrapped chrome exterior trim
- Tinted windows
- Power-adjustable heated front Recaro bucket seats
- Black and Nogaro Blue leather and Alcantara interior swap (seats. door cards, and other trim)
- Aftermarket shift knob and boot
- Alpine head unit
- Aftermarket amplifier
- Aftermarket subwoofer
- Some scratches around the exterior
- Rock chips on the front bumper and hood
- Bubbling wrap on exterior trim (pictured in the gallery)
- Touch-up paint on the driver-side rear quarter panel and rear bumper
- Some rust on passenger’s side rear door trim
- Scratches on wheels
- Wear on the driver seat’s outer bolster
- Some rust on underside components
- Illuminated headlight level sensor and “parking light out” warning lights on the instrument cluster. The selling dealer states that they are on due to the aftermarket headlights. Please contact the seller directly with any questions.
Recent Service History
Service documentation in the photo gallery indicates that the following maintenance has been performed:
- February 2023 (122,658 miles): Valve cover gaskets, crankshaft seal, oil drain plug gasket, spark plug tube seal, O-rings, timing chain and guides, bolts, belts, pulleys, exhaust manifold gasket, spark plugs, air filter, front brake pads and rotors, oil check valve, battery, thermostat, and thermostat gasket replaced, coolant and transmission fluid flushed, engine oil and filter changed
- January 2023: Second gear, first and second gear synchronizer, and input shaft seals replaced
Additional service history is detailed in the attached Carfax report.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Service records
- Factory headlights
- Spare sport steering wheel without shift paddles
The selling dealer acquired this S4 Avant in 2023 and has added approximately 500 miles since.
Yes, this is a manual swapped B6. Sometimes, you have to make your own dreams. While this Avant may have some scratches and flaws, it’s still a lower mile V8 wagon and that Nogaro interior…oh man. As of this publication, the bid is $16,500 and there are a couple of days left. With EVs coming and manual transmissions going, you need this in your garage. You can find this 2005 Audi S4 Avant and more photos/videos HERE.