words: Bill, photos: Cars & Bids
What happens if you take a limited exported super sedan and then send it to the power house MTM? You get this 2003 RS 6 sedan. And what if I told you it only has 27,400 miles? Here’s the ad:
THIS… is a 2003 Audi RS6, finished in Ebony Pearl Effect with a Silver leather interior.
- The attached AutoCheck history report starts in 2004 and lists no accidents or mileage discrepancies in this RS6’s past.
- This RS6’s odometer displays about 27,400 miles.
- Joe Hoppen Motorsport modified this RS6 with MTM parts and software shortly after the original owner took delivery of the car. It added 19-inch Bimoto wheels, tuned the ECU and the TCU, and fitted a pair of BorgWarner turbochargers, among other changes. KW Variante 3 coilovers were installed at about 19,000 miles in March 2018.
- The original window sticker pictured in the gallery confirms that this RS6 cost $86,260 new, which represents around $122,700 in 2021. It’s equipped with carbon fiber interior trim, heated front and rear seats, and a Bose sound system, among other features.
- Audi only sold the C5-generation RS6 in the United States for the 2003 model year. Exclusively offered here as a sedan, it was the ultimate evolution of the A6 it was based on, and it was developed to dethrone M and AMG in the sport sedan hierarchy.
- Approximately 1,200 units of the 2003 RS6 were sold in the United States, according to most estimates. Audi of America consigned the nameplate to the automotive attic until it brought the RS6 Avant to our shores for the 2020 model year.
- Power comes from a twin-turbocharged 4.2-liter V8, which produces 450 horsepower and 415 lb-ft of torque when left stock. The aforementioned modifications very likely increase those figures, but a dyno sheet isn’t available to confirm. The engine spins the 4 wheels via a 5-speed “Tiptronic” automatic transmission and Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive system.
- Carbon fiber interior trim
- Leather upholstery
- Heated and power-adjustable front sport seats with a memory function
- Heated split-folding rear seats
- Shift paddles
- Power-adjustable steering column
- Cassette player
- 6-disc CD changer
- Bose sound system
- Front and rear parking sensors
- 19-inch wheels
- MTM-tuned ECU and TCU
- BorgWarner turbochargers
- High-flow downpipes and catalytic converters
- Valved cat-back exhaust system
- 15-inch front brake rotors
- KW Variant 3 coilovers
- Aftermarket spoiler and MTM emblem on the trunk lid
- Trim around the middle front air dam cracked
- Some scratches on the driver-side front wheel
- Some wear around the headlight switch
Recent Service History
Service records shown in the gallery detail some of the maintenance and repairs performed on this RS6. According to the seller, recent work includes:
- November 2019 (23,969 miles): New Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ tires installed.
- November 2018 (19,905 miles): Brake pads and brake rotors replaced.
- March 2018 (18,700 miles): KW Variante 3 coilover kit installed and front inner and outer CV boots changed.
- October 2017 (18,426 miles): Timing belt and related parts, water pump, thermostat, and serpentine belt replaced.
Other Items Included in Sale
- 2 keys
- Owner’s manuals
- Window sticker
- Factory self-study program
The seller is listing this RS6 on behalf of a customer, who purchased it in June 2018 and has put about 9,000 miles on it since.
The seller reports that this RS6 has been stored during the winter since 2018.
It’s kind of appropriate that the highest bid on this at the time of writing is $666 because this thing is evil. With only 27,400, this MTM RS 6 will probably go high. How high? That’s up to the bidders and the eventual person who will buy this awesome super sedan. You can find it and over 200 photos plus videos HERE.