words: Bill, photos: Hoffman via eBay.de
One word…whoa. I drove a 1985 Audi 4000S quattro Brock Yates Cannonball edition in this year’s One Lap of America (read about it in Q3 2022 quattro Magazine) and we pretty much came in dead last (at least the events I drove in). However, if I had this Audi, the results may have been different. Here’s the ad (translated from German):
I am selling an Audi S2 Quattro Coupe car that I wanted to use for 1/4 and 1/2 mile events. The car originally comes from the track area/circuit. Ready to drive weight under 1000kg! A lot of carbon, fiberglass, plastic.
The coupe is sold without an engine and without an ECU.
Put the technology in and you’re good to go. The vehicle is ready to drive except for the motor/control.
A few data:
– Custom-made front and rear drive shafts
– DSY Audi S4 b5 gearbox with gearbox oil cooler
– Cardan shaft processed and overhauled
– QUAIFE differential lock(s)
– Water cooler package/dry sump in the trunk
– H&R CUP custom-made chassis (relocated domes, etc.)
– Adapter on Porsche rims
– OZ/Porsche ultra-light rims
– Large front and rear brake system (forced ventilation)
– 4-inch stainless steel downpipe and 4-inch aluminum exhaust system
(with specially manufactured exhaust gas tunnel through the vehicle)
– 2x 044 Bosch Motorsport petrol pump
– ALU racing tank with quick-fill cap on side window
– Safety glass/separation between driver’s compartment and trunk
– Removable OMP steering wheel
– Tilton pedals
– Race / short shifter with cable pull
– Sparko bucket seats with QSP racing belts
– Approved cage front to rear (mandatory on events!)
– Pneumatic (CO2) lifting cylinders (4x) for warm up the
(lifts all 4 wheels about 5cm above the ground)
– special tubular wishbones in front and behind with tie rods
– and and and … (see pictures) – more if you are interested on the phone!
Optionally available for an extra charge:
– large intercooler for approx. 1500hp see pictures
– various technology (intake manifold, injectors, turbocharger, manifold, etc.)
– dry sump tank or complete KIT
Further details / pictures after contacting us.
For questions, just let me know !
I bet you this thing rips and probably sounds gnarly. And since it’s a 1992 model, it’s importable to the States. I wonder of I can get it here in time for next year’s One Lap or even this Sunday’s Cars & Coffee? It’s listed for €32,490 and I’m not sure if that is the asking price or the current bid. Regardless, it’s not bad for what you get. You can find this 1992 Audi S2 Coupe race car HERE.