Apr252020 - Apr262020
Audi Club Wisconsin’s 2020 Spring Drive & Tour to Galena, IL
Join us on April 25th & 26th for a memorable drive through southwestern Wisconsin as we caravan to Galena, Illinois for a wonderful overnight adventure. After touring the historic downtown area, we’ll be having dinner and overnight accommodations at the historic DeSoto House Hotel, the oldest operating hotel in Illinois, first opening its doors to hotel guests in 1855.
Saturday, April 25th
9:00am – Meet at Zimbrick’s Audi Madison (2400 Rimrock Road-608-270-7720) for coffee and treats. Tour their new showroom. If meeting at Zimbrick is not convenient, join us for lunch or meet us at the hotel in Galena (see details below)
10:30am – We head out for our drive through southwestern Wisconsin to Galena.
12:30pm – Stop for a quick lunch along the route at CULVER’S of Platteville located at 375 E BUS Hwy 151 (Platteville, WI. 53818…608-348-9993) This is a great spot to join up with the group and enjoy the final leg of our drive to Galena.
2:00pm – We’ll park in the hotel lot and have free time to roam through the area and visit many interesting shops.
4:00pm – Hotel check-in (you have a choice of a King, Queen or two double-bed rooms).
6:45pm – Dinner in one of the hotel’s private dining rooms.
You will have a choice of one of these three entrees.
- NY Strip Steak: A 10oz. steak with a Cabernet reduction served with red smashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Salmon: Fresh Atlantic salmon grilled and served with fingerling potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
- Stuffed Pork Chop: A thick Iowa pork chop baked and stuffed with our own sage dressing and brandy peppercorn sauce. Served with red smashed potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
All dinners include a salad, rolls and butter, a desert of lemon cake, and coffee, tea, milk, or a soft drink.
Sunday, April 26th
Breakfast on your own – either at the hotel or at one of the local restaurants
10:30am – Optional drive to Horseshoe Mound Preserve for a 3-state view of the countryside.
End of group activities – free time to spend back in Galena. Some of us will be taking the River Rd. up to Dubuque for lunch and then heading back east on Hwy 151 to Madison.
- Saturday lunch is on your own.
- Rooms at the DeSoto House Hotel are $140 + taxes.
- The registration fee of $34.00 PP includes the Saturday dinner – tax & tip.
- Breakfast on Sunday is on your own. A full breakfast is offered at the hotel for $13.95 PP (includes tax & tip) or you can order off their dining room menu.
We have reserved a block of 12 rooms at the DeSoto House Hotel. Please call them direct at 800-343-6562 to make your room reservation before 3/25/2020 and tell them you are with the Audi Club Wisconsin group.
To Register for the Drive, Tour and Saturday Dinner, go to MotorsportReg to pay and choose your dinner entrée before 4/15/20.
Contact Tony Miele at 630-390-0572 or email at [email protected] for more information. Latest information will also be available on the club’s website and Facebook page.