Audi Club of Wisconsin and Just Drive is Sponsoring a Teen Car Control Clinic
Saturday, May 19th, 2018 from 8:00am – 4:30pm
at Miller Park in Milwaukee
The Teen Car Control Clinic will teach many skills not taught in Standard Driver Education courses
Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for United States teenagers, accounting for more than one in three deaths. Young people are at a greater risk for traffic accidents due to one major reason—lack of experience. Safe driving is a learned skill. The clinic is designed to heighten students’ awareness and responsiveness to real-world situations and boost confidence in their driving skills.
THE CLINIC TEACHES: the fundamentals of vehicle control during the classroom session as well as invaluable behind-the-wheel exercises with one-on-one instruction with emphasis on:
- Driving basics – Driver courtesy
- Proactive vs. reactive driving techniques
- Importance of vision
- Proper braking concepts with and without ABS
- Effects of vehicle weight transfer
- Cornering – understeer and oversteer
- Unexpected lane changes
The cost is a tax deductible donation of $65.00 which includes coffee/rolls at the beginning of the clinic and a lunch for the participant and the accompanying parent/guardian.
• The driver needs a valid driver’s license or learner’s permit.
• A parent or guardian must attend the clinic with the teen driver.
• We recommend the teen uses the car he or she typically drives.
• The car must be insured, in good working condition, and have good tires.
Registration and payment
Go to www.motorsportreg.com and open an account. It’s free and they never share your information. Once you have an account, scroll down the calendar to the teen clinic. Click on it and fill in the needed information. When you get to the end, you need your credit card to pay the registration fee. Be sure to read the cancellation policy!
Questions? [email protected]
We’ll send you an email before the clinic with directions and preparation tips.