****Please note – After careful consideration the Teen Clinic will be cancelled and all current registrants will be refunded. Teen Clinic Directors****
Audi Club North America Chicagoland Teen Car Control Clinic Sunday June 14, 2020 – Cancelled
Now into our Second Decade of hosting our Teen Car Control Clinics, our Sunday June 14 Teen Clinic is now open for registration. We moved the date to June to accommodate those who’ve said the May date was always right before high school final exams. Event is held at the NIPSTA (Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy) facility in Glenview, IL.
Key event highlights:
- Time is split between in-car exercises on the course and time in classroom sessions
- Each student will have an assigned instructor in the car with them at all times
- Students will learn car control in both wet and dry conditions
- Students will learn how to be proactive in avoiding an incident or accident
- Exercises include braking control, evasive action, accident avoidance, emergency lane change techniques, and the difference between vehicle dynamics wet vs. dry
- How does talking and texting affect a person’s concentration and reflexes while driving? We include that in our exercises, better to learn in a controlled environment than on the street
- The desire to be a better, more aware driver
- Student is encouraged to drive the vehicle they’re most familiar with
- Student must be 16 years old and possess a valid driver’s license by the time of the event
- Vehicle (car, SUV, minivan) must be registered and insured, and pass a tech inspection at the event
- A parent or guardian is required to be in attendance and participate with their teen
Our events are open to all licensed teens, you don’t need to drive an Audi or be a member of the Audi Car Club Chicagoland Chapter.
Light breakfast and sandwich lunch are both included.
Follow this link to register at MotorsportReg. Once registered, you’ll receive emails closer to the event with more details on the event itself.
Questions? [email protected]