source: Audi of America
- Audi e-tron announced as winner in the Luxury EV/PHEV segment for 9th annual Vincentric Best Certified Pre-Owned Value in America Awards
- Audi A3 also recognized as having the lowest total cost of ownership in its class as part of Vincentric awards process
For the 5th time in a row, an Audi of America vehicle has been honored with a Vincentric Best Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Value in America award. This year, Vincentric awarded the Audi e-tron as the Best CPO Value winner in the Luxury EV/PHEV segment. Vincentric uses a statistical analysis that incorporates the total cost of ownership and current market price of all CPO vehicles in applicable model years to identify the model it deems to have the best CPO value per segment. In addition, Vincentric identified the Audi A3 as having the lowest total cost of ownership in its class.
In determining the awards, Vincentric measures cost of ownership using eight different cost factors: depreciation, fees and taxes, financing, fuel, insurance, maintenance, opportunity cost, and repairs. Vincentric’s 2022 awards were based on results from its analysis of an average of the 2017 – 2021 model years, and vehicles must have at least three previous model years within that five-year range in order to qualify for consideration in the awards. Each vehicle is evaluated in all 50 states plus D.C. using a range of annual mileage intervals and insurance profiles.
The Audi e-tron is the first fully electric model from the brand. This model combines the space and comfort of a premium midsize SUV with a range suitable for everyday use. Highlights for the 2022 e-tron include:
- Premium accomodations for up to 5 passengers including standard leather seating surfaces with available heated front seats as well as available ventilated and massaging front seats.
- Certified net carbon neutral production in Brussels, Belgium
- 28.5 cubic feet of available cargo storage (56.4 cubic feet with rear seats down), and available towing of up to 4,000 pounds.
- A 0 to 60 mph time of 5.5 seconds with boost engaged, an EPA-estimated range of 222 miles, zero direct emissions.
- Its two electric motors produce up to 402 horsepower and 490 lb-ft of torque in boost mode for up to 8 seconds (355 hp/414 lb-ft torque standard) and combine with the electric all-wheel drive to deliver optimum performance. A comprehensive range of charging options for at home and on the go make electric driving convenient and effortless.
The new 2022 Audi A3 has a standard turbocharged four-cylinder engine, available all-wheel drive, and a host of standard and available driver-assistance features. Key features of the Model Year 2022 A3 include:
- Augmented by a standard 48-volt mild-hybrid (MHEV) system, a first for the model, it has the ability to automatically coast with the engine temporarily shut off in many driving situations. That benefits the A3 with a 24% improvement in combined fuel efficiency compared to the previous quattro model.
- A powerful standard 2.0-liter TFSI engine, generating a maximum 201 horsepower and 221 lb-ft of torque, paired with a 7-speed S tronic transmission.
- The A3 features a redefined interior, delivering a sporty driver-oriented cockpit, with an available 12.3” Audi virtual cockpit. Additionally, the A3 now has an available head-up display and top-view camera system.