Due to the response we have received for Quattrokhana First Gear this year, we are announcing one more session. To register, please go to Eventbrite.
Date: February 18, 2017, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Location: Georgetown, Colorado
1st Gear Quattrokhana - The ACNA / RMC adult/teen winter ice driving school is held on the frozen surface of Georgetown Lake. Participants will start their day at the Georgetown Community Center to review a short presentation covering safety, winter driving techniques and schedule. After the presentation, participants will put their cars through exercises on varied snow and ice conditions, allowing participants to practice car control in extreme winter/ice conditions.
• 7:30am - 8:15am - Sign in and presentation at Georgetown Community Center
• 8:30am - 12:00pm - Ice Driving
• 12:00pm - 1:00pm - Lunch in town
• 1:15pm - 3:30pm - Ice Driving
• You must register in advance to participate. Registration is per person, not per car.
• Adults 18 and over must be club members. Join HERE
• Teens must be at least 15 years old and have a driver’s license or driver’s permit. Parents should be present at check in to authorize teen participation.
• ALL vehicles must pass a safety tech inspection. Download form HERE . Please download/print out the form and have your tech inspection completed at your shop of choice. Vehicles with ANY fluid leaks will not be allowed onto Georgetown Lake.
• Good snow tires are strongly recommended, studded tires are permitted. Tires must be DOT certified.
Space is limited to first 15 participants, so please register early. If sharing a vehicle with another participant, please note this on the registration form. Please note also that a maximum of two (2) participants per car are allowed. Please contact the event master for questions: email@example.com.
This event is conditional on the weather and conditions at the facility. If the event is cancelled by the event master, a pro-rated refund will be given to all registrants. Student cancelations will be handled on a case by case basis; please contact the event master.