APR’s ECU Upgrades are the best dollar-per-horsepower modification one can make to the 5.2L FSI V10 engine. The upgrades dramatically increase horsepower and torque, making for an exceptionally quicker and more exciting vehicle. This is made possible through APR’s optimization of the factory engine management system to take full advantage of the engine’s capabilities, without needing any end user adjustment. The software loads to the factory ECU through the OBD-II port, resulting in a clean and headache-free install. Optional features, such as APR’s EMCS Program Switching and APR Mobile are available. Furthermore, for those looking for tuning with a limited powertrain warranty, APR Plus has you covered!
- APR’s ECU Upgrades support various octanes. Each upgrade is fully compatible with an upgraded intake filter, catback exhaust, or other minor bolt on modifications.
- Each stage includes optimizations to the power and torque gauges to match the increased output.
- All performance modes have the speed limiter removed and left foot braking enabled.
- We’ve raised the rev-limiter to 9,000 RPM in manual mode (or with a TCU Upgrade)
- We’ve adjusted the thermal management system to optimize engine temperature.
- The throttle, intake, and exhaust flaps were optimized for power delivery. Furthermore we’ve completely optimized lambda control, port / DI split, cam phasing, ignition timing, and more to increase power. Lastly, we’ve added an optional quite cold-start mode that’s an excellent addition for cars equipped with a loud exhaust.
APR’s ECU Upgrades are available in multiple flavors, supporting various hardware modifications, fuel grades, torque levels, and options.
Power levels for a select few are as follows:
APR Plus ECU Upgrade
- 634 HP / 420 FT-LBS – 91 Octane +86 HP & +53 FT-LBS over stock
APR Stage 1 ECU Upgrade (540 HP Model)
- 634 HP / 420 FT-LBS – 93 Octane +86 HP & +53 FT-LBS over stock
- 653 HP / 427 FT-LBS – E85 +104 HP & +64 FT-LBS over stock