source: Audi of America
- Compact SUV attracts entry-segment buyer with fresh design and everyday functionality
- Technology enhancements include standard MMI® touch response system and standard digital instrument cluster
- All-new powertrain and standard quattro® all-wheel drive make Q3 an attractive entry point to the Audi brand
HERNDON – Building on the success and rapid growth of the premium compact-SUV segment, Audi of America will introduce the all-new 2019 Q3 at this year’s New York International Auto Show – the second generation of one of the brand’s best-selling models.
With an all-new powertrain, standard quattro® all-wheel drive, bold new exterior design and improved interior with thoughtful functionality and many technology and connectivity enhancements, the Q3 offers a strong entry to the Audi brand.
All-new powertrain and standard quattro® all-wheel drive
The all-new Q3 comes standard with a robust new 2.0-liter TFSI® engine, which generates 228 horsepower and 258 lb-ft of torque, an increase of 28 additional horsepower and 51 lb-ft of additional torque over the previous generation. The new four-cylinder engine is mated to an eight-speed Tiptronic® automatic transmission, which provides quick, smooth shifts, allowing the Q3 to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 7.0 seconds.
Every Q3 is now standard equipped with quattro® all-wheel drive, offering high-precision and dynamic handling through active torque distribution to both axles. Electronic wheel-selective torque control can add additional traction across each axle through individual wheel braking application.
The Q3 also features a redesigned front five-link suspension to provide a comfortable yet agile ride for long distances or sporty drives. Standard on all Q3 models, Audi drive select with five different drive modes – comfort, auto, dynamic, offroad, and individual – allows the driver to choose the option that best meets their driving situation and handling preferences.
Inspired exterior design with SUV proportions
The Q3’s fresh, athletic face reflects the brand’s new SUV design language as introduced on the Audi Q8. The all-new Singleframe grille with an octagonal design, features vertical chrome slats, emphasizing the vehicle’s more substantial front end. New, more aggressive headlights flow from the grille into the strong shoulder line, which integrates seamlessly with the wide, pronounced wheel arches and underscores the vehicle’s standard quattro all-wheel drive.
At the rear, standard LED taillights echo the horizontal architecture from the front of the vehicle. Supported by an integrated roof spoiler, the steeply inclined D pillars compliment the vehicle’s athletic appearance and give the Q3 a distinct SUV stance. Standing 1.5 inches taller, 3.8 inches longer and nearly an inch wider than its predecessor, the new Q3 is more substantial on the outside and offers more useable passenger and cargo space inside.
A total of eleven colors are available for the Q3, including the new Chronos Gray metallic and Pulse Orange on Q3 quattro and Q3 S line quattro models. Also new, Turbo Blue is offered on Q3 S line quattro models.
Additional exterior design highlights include:
- Two exterior styling kits are available for the all-new Q3:
- Q3 quattro comes standard equipped with a full-paint finish exterior, and 18-inch 5-arm design wheels with all-season tires.
- Q3 S line quattro comes standard equipped with a full-paint finish S line exterior including S line front and rear bumpers, side sills, and badging, and 19-inch 5-twin-spoke design wheels with all-season tires. 20-inch 5-twin spoke module design wheels with summer performance tires are available.
- LED headlights and LED taillights with dynamic rear turn signals are standard equipment, with available full LED headlights including a unique daytime running light signature.
- Standard high-gloss Aluminum window surrounds and roof rails.
Revolutionary interior seamlessly integrates technology
The interior design of the Q3 takes advantage of the brand’s all-new design architecture, built to showcase an evolution in Audi digital precision and seamlessly integrate more useable technology. The interior controls are angled toward the driver, creating a driver-centric cockpit. The central elements are a standard 10.25 inch (available 12.3 inch) digital instrument cluster, alongside a standard 8.8-inch (available 10.1 inch) MMI® touch response display. These control the infotainment functions and seamlessly blend into the black panel stretching across the dashboard.
Acoustic feedback helps make the touchscreen more usable when the vehicle is moving, and available handwriting recognition with whole-word input offers an easy way to enter information such as telephone contacts or navigation destinations. With its logical and flat menu structure, the all-new MMI system allows easy access to various vehicle functions. Natural-voice control helps turn the Q3 into an intelligent travel assistant. Drivers can speak both commands and questions, to which the Q3 will provide comprehensive feedback through on-board stored data or available information from the cloud.
Placed below the MMI touch response system, the climate controls are ergonomically located for ease of use, along with centrally located standard USB-C and USB-A data and charging ports and the available Audi phone box, which provides inductive charging for compatible smartphones as well as a signal booster.
The Q3 is the only vehicle in its competitive segment to offer standard heated leather seating surfaces and a standard panoramic sunroof. New available features such as Alcantara interior elements along the dashboard and door panels, S line® sport seats with contrast stitching, and customizable ambient interior lighting give Q3 buyers more interior personalization options.
Rear seat passengers can also enjoy improved second row comfort, with a standard 40/20/40 split folding, sliding and reclining seatback offering more overall room than the outgoing model, as well as two standard USB-A charging ports. The rear cargo area is not only larger than before, it’s also more flexible. An adjustable load floor can be set at two different heights, allowing the driver to choose between larger under floor storage or more vertical space in the cargo area.
Additional interior highlights include:
- Standard three-spoke multifunction steering wheel with available shift paddles.
- Standard panoramic sunroof adds light to the cabin.
- Standard heated eight-way power driver seat with four-way power lumbar support for driver.
- Standard dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Available Aluminum Spectrum inlays, Brown Gray Natural Wood, matte inlays, or Brushed Aluminum, matte inlays.
- Available Sport Interior package (available on Premium Plus and Prestige trims of the Q3 S line quattro) enhances the vehicle’s already sporty interior with S line® sport seats in Black or Rotor Gray leather with contrast stitching, steering wheel shift paddles and Brushed Aluminum, matte inlays.
- With the Sport Interior package, customers can also choose the unique Alcantara® Interior package, orange which enhances the unique design of the interior with vibrant orange Alcantara accents on the dash and door armrests.
Infotainment highlights include:
- Standard 10.25 inch digital instrument cluster or available second generation Audi virtual cockpit featuring a 12.3 inch display that offers HD resolution of 1920 x 720 pixels. The Audi virtual cockpit helps to enhance the infotainment and navigating experience through large Google Earth™ imagery or 3D city maps (requires Audi connect PRIME subscription) supported with 4G LTE (where available).
- Available Audi phone box connects smartphones with the vehicle’s antenna and provides a signal boost, and can charge compatible phones inductively.
- Standard Audi smartphone interface provides Apple CarPlay® and Google™ Android Auto integration for compatible devices, making smartphone interactions easier for the driver.
- When equipped with MMI Navigation and Audi connect, the Q3 is capable of wireless Apple CarPlay®, instead of relying on a USB cord, for added convenience.
- Available Bang & Olufsen® Premium 3D Sound System helps deliver nearly true-to-life 3D surround sound through 15 speakers, powered by the 16-channel amplifier with an output of 680 watts.
Advanced Driver Assistance features
The all-new Q3 brings a full suite of newly standard and available driver assistance features, designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic.
Driver Assistance features include:
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to help prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts.
- Standard Audi pre sense® front uses a camera to monitor the area in front of the vehicle and provides visual and acoustic warnings to help alert the driver to potentially hazardous situations.
- Available Audi side assist with lane departure warning provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Available lane departure warning (as part of Audi side assist) helps to keep the driver within the driving lane through corrective steering intervention and adjustable wheel vibration, at speeds above 37 mph.
- Available Rear cross traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can help inform the driver of approaching vehicles, and in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive cruise control with stop & go helps maintain set distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating as needed, between speeds of 0 to 95 mph.
- Available Parking system plus helps make parking easier with front and rear proximity acoustic parking sensors, when the vehicle is in both reverse and drive, under 6 mph.
- Available for the first time on the all-new Q3, Top view camera system uses four wide angle 360 degree cameras to record the entire area immediately surrounding, projected on the MMI screen, allowing the driver to see “around” the vehicle to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Available for the first time on the all-new Q3, Park steering assist can assist the driver with parallel and perpendicular parking by taking control of the steering while the driver accelerates, shifts gears and brakes.
For more information, visit www.media.audiusa.com