source: Audi of America
- 2021 Audi A7 plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) recognized with 2021 Best Hybrid and Electric Cars award from U.S. News & World Report
- U.S. News deems award winners to deliver best combination of quality, value and efficiency by segment
The 2021 Audi A7 55 TFSI e plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) has been recognized as the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Luxury Plug-in Hybrid of 2021. The Audi A7 was awarded for its quick acceleration and impressive responsive steering, as well as its spacious, well-appointed interior. Additionally, the Audi A7 PHEV is eligible for a federal tax incentive up to $6,712 and HOV lane usage in several states.
Key features of the Audi A7 PHEV include:
- A 14.1-kWh lithium-ion battery helping provide an EPA-estimated 68 MPGe combined, 29 mpg combined, and an EPA-estimated all-electric range of 24 miles.
- An electric motor between the 2.0-liter TFSI engine and transmission, providing a net total system output of 362 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque, allowing for 0-60 mph acceleration in just 5.7 seconds.
- Standard quattro with ultra technology all-wheel drive and a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
- A suite of advanced driver assistance systems that utilize front and rear cameras and an array of sensors to help keep the driver aware of their surroundings.
To determine rankings in each of its seven categories, U.S. News & World Report’s overall score is combined with the vehicle’s starting price, gas mileage, and EPA range estimates for each of the 73 hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and full electric vehicles under consideration. The winners have what U.S. News judges to have best combination of quality, value, and efficiency in their segment.
For more details on U.S. News & World Report 2021 rankings, visit: https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/best-hybrid-and-electric-cars.