source: Audi of America
- 2020 Audi A6 receives highest rating awarded by the nonprofit organization
- 2020 Audi A7 and Audi Q8 named IIHS “Top Safety Picks” when equipped with available LED Matrix-design headlights with high-beam assist
- All three models offer comprehensive suite of standard and available driver assistance systems, innovative connectivity features and benchmark infotainment
The 2020 Audi A6 has been named an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) 2020 “Top Safety Pick+.” Additionally, the 2020 Audi A7 and Audi Q8, when equipped with available LED Matrix-design headlights with high-beam assist, were named 2020 IIHS “Top Safety Picks”.
All three models exceled in IIHS testing, earning top “Good” ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness performance evaluations. All vehicles, standard equipped with Audi pre sense® front, achieved “superior” ratings for the Front Crash Prevention tests.
The A6, A7 and Audi Q8 offer a full suite of standard and available driver assistance features, designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic. Driver assistance features include:
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to help prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts.
- Standard Audi pre sense® front uses a camera to monitor the area in front of the vehicle and provides visual and acoustic warnings to help alert the driver to potentially hazardous situations.
- Available Audi side assist with lane departure warning provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Available lane-departure warning (as part of Audi side assist) helps to keep the driver within the driving lane through corrective steering intervention and adjustable wheel vibration, at speeds above 37 mph.
- Available Rear cross-traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can help inform the driver of approaching vehicles and, in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive cruise control with stop & go helps maintain a set distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating as needed, between speeds of 0 to 95 mph.
- Available Top view camera system uses four wide angle 360-degree cameras to record the entire area immediately surrounding, projected on the MMI screen, allowing the driver to see around the vehicle to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
The 2020 A6, A7 and Q8 are the latest vehicles in the Audi lineup named as a 2020 IIHS “Top Safety Pick+” or “Top Safety Pick”. In August 2019, the Audi e-tron became the first pure battery-electric vehicle to be named a 2019 “Top Safety Pick+”.
For more details on IIHS Top Safety Pick Ratings, visit http://www.iihs.org/.