source: Audi of America
- Rating earned following NHTSA New Car Assesment Program testing of 2019 Audi Q8
- 5-Star Safety Rating program evaluates vehicle crash test performance
- 5-Star Overall Safety Rating is highest rating possible
HERNDON – The 2019 Audi Q8 was awarded a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating – the highest possible overall rating – from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
To achieve a 5-Star Overall Safety Rating, the Q8 was tested under NHTSA’s New Car Assessment Program. The overall score is based on frontal and side crash tests, as well as an evaluation of rollover resistance.
“The safety of our customers is always a top priority, and so we are delighted that the 2019 Q8, the newest SUV in our lineup, has been recognized with the highest overall safety rating from NHTSA,” said Cian O’Brien, chief operating officer, Audi of America.
Richly equipped, with comprehensive connectivity, and versatile enough for exploring just about any road, the Q8 seamlessly integrates technology and advanced infotainment features, to deliver everything customers expect from a luxury performance SUV.
The Q8 also offers a comprehensive suite of standard and available driver assistance features designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic. Some of the driver assistance features on the 2019 Q8 include:
- Standard Audi pre sense® front, which helps detect vehicles, pedestrians and cyclists in the vehicle’s forward path at speeds of up to 52 mph and can initiate braking if a potential collision is detected.
- Available Intersection assist helps monitor cross traffic when pulling through an intersection or crossing lanes and can help notify the driver of a potentially hazardous situation by a brief braking to warn the driver at speeds of up to 6.2 mph or with visual and audio warnings at speeds of up to 18.6 mph.
- Available Adaptive Cruise Assist (ACA), a “hands-on” system that helps the driver with acceleration and braking, maintaining speed and following distance, and with lane tracking over a speed range of 0-95 mph and during traffic jam situations.
- Available Top view camera system (front, rear and side views) with virtual 360˚ surround view combines four wide-angle cameras on the outside of the vehicle to project a virtual real-time 3D model of the Q8, allowing the driver to toggle around the vehicle and zoom in and out to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
For more information, please visit www.audiusa.com.
Government star ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.safercar.gov).
Driver Assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. See 2019 Audi Q8 Owner’s Manual for further details and important limitations.