source: Audi of America
- 2019 Audi Q3 recieves highest rating awarded by the nonprofit organization, when equipped with available Full LED headlights on Premium Plus and Prestige trims
- 2019 Audi A7 named 2019 Top Safety Pick when equipped with available LED Matrix-design headlights with high-beam assist
- Both vehicles achieved “Superior” rating for front crash prevention and “Good”rating in all IIHS crash tests
- 2019 Audi Q3 and A7 offer comprehensive suite of standard and available driver assistance systems, innovative connectivity features and benchmark infotainment
The 2019 Audi Q3 SUV, the second generation of one of the brand’s best-selling models, has been named an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety’s (IIHS) 2019 “Top Safety Pick+,” when equipped with available Full LED headlights on Premium Plus and Prestige trims. Additionally, the 2019 Audi A7 was named a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick when equipped with available LED Matrix-design headlights with high beam assist.
Both the 2019 Audi Q3 and A7 have structures that exceled in IIHS testing, earning top “Good” ratings in all six IIHS crashworthiness performance evaluations. Both vehicles, standard equipped with Audi pre sense® front, achieved “superior” ratings for the Front Crash Prevention tests.
When equipped with available Full LED projector headlights, the Q3 was named a Top Safety Pick+, which requires a “Good” passenger-side small overlap rating and a “Good” headlight rating. Full LED projector headlights are standard on Premium Plus and Prestige trims.
For the Audi Q3, the structure of the passenger space is comprised of hot-shaped steel components. The material is primarily used at the transition from the longitudinal members to the bulkhead, in the center tunnel, the sills, the A- and B-pillars, the roof frame and the rear longitudinal members. The hot-shaped components, which combine low weight with extreme strength, comprise 26% of the Q3 body by weight. The combination of materials lays the foundation for crash safety and rigidity.
The 2019 Audi Q3 offers a full suite of newly standard and available driver assistance features, designed to help drivers confidently navigate the road and traffic. Driver assistance features include:
- In the case of an impending collision, standard Audi pre sense® basic can intervene to help prepare the vehicle for impact. This process includes beginning to close the side windows and panoramic sunroof, pretensioning the front safety belts.
- Standard Audi pre sense® front uses a camera to monitor the area in front of the vehicle and provides visual and acoustic warnings to help alert the driver to potentially hazardous situations.
- Available Audi side assist with lane departure warning provides blind spot monitoring via LED indicators on the exterior mirror housings at speeds above 9 mph.
- Available lane-departure warning (as part of Audi side assist) helps to keep the driver within the driving lane through corrective steering intervention and adjustable wheel vibration, at speeds above 37 mph.
- Available Rear cross-traffic assist (as part of Audi side assist) supports the driver when reversing out of a perpendicular parking space. Indicator arrows in the MMI® display can help inform the driver of approaching vehicles and, in critical situations, a warning tone and brake jolt can be applied, prompting the driver to stop the vehicle.
- Available Adaptive cruise control with stop & go helps maintain a set distance from the vehicle in front, including braking and accelerating as needed, between speeds of 0 to 95 mph.
- Available Parking system plus helps make parking easier with front and rear proximity acoustic parking sensors, when the vehicle is in both reverse and drive, under 6 mph.
- Available for the first time on the Q3, Top view camera system uses four wide angle 360-degree cameras to record the entire area immediately surrounding, projected on the MMI screen, allowing the driver to see around the vehicle to help with maneuvering in tight spaces.
- Available for the first time on the Q3, Park steering assist can assist the driver with parallel and perpendicular parking by taking control of the steering while the driver accelerates, shifts gears and brakes.
The 2019 Q3 and A7 are the latest vehicles in the Audi lineup named as a 2019 IIHS Top Safety Pick+ or Top Safety Pick. In August 2019, the Audi e-tron became the first pure battery-electric vehicle to be named a 2019 Top Safety Pick+. The 2019 Audi A3, A4, A6 and Audi Q8 are recipients of the awards when equipped with specific headlights and/or optional equipment.
For more details on IIHS Top Safety Pick Ratings, visit http://www.iihs.org/.
Full LED projector headlights standard on 2019 Audi Q3 Premium Plus and Prestige models. Feature not available on other 2019 Q3 trims. 2019 IIHS “Top Safety Pick+” is based on “Good” ratings in the moderate overlap front, driver-side small overlap front, passenger-side small overlap front, side, roof strength, head restraint, and headlight tests, and no less than an “Advanced” rating for front-crash prevention.
Driver Assistance features are not substitutes for attentive driving. Driver Assist functions are dependent on vehicle speed and other conditions and will only operate when certain conditions are met. See Owner’s Manual for further details, and important limitations.
The 2019 Audi A7 was named a 2019 Top Safety Pick when equipped with available LED Matrix-design headlights with high beam assist.*
*LED Matrix-design headlights with high beam assist standard on A7 Premium Plus. Feature not available on other 2019 A7 trims. 2019 IIHS “Top Safety Pick” is based on “Good” ratings in the moderate overlap front, driver-side small overlap front, side, roof strength, and head restraint tests plus no less than an “Acceptable” rating in the passenger-side small overlap front, no less than an “Acceptable” rating for headlights, and no less than an “Advanced” rating for front-crash prevention.